Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:58 AM

Films of the month

I strong recommend three films. Neither is exactly a new film but they are great pieces of film making and excellent acting.

1.) The Imitation Game

2.) Searching for Bobby Fisher

3.) The Darkest Hour
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:51 AM

Re: Films of the month

1) Soul
2) Superintelligence
3) nothing else so far but we're only two days into the month. I'll add one when I find another I like.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:09 PM

'Hope Gap' (Netflicks)

Starring Bill Nighy, Annette Bening and Josh O'Connor.

A miserable little story about the break up of a marriage but is so well acted. Forget about your Tom Cruises and your George Clooneys, this is proper acting.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
'Hope Gap' (Netflicks)

Starring Bill Nighy, Annette Bening and Josh O'Connor.

A miserable little story about the break up of a marriage but is so well acted. Forget about your Tom Cruises and your George Clooneys, this is proper acting.
I agree about not needing a Tom Cruise or George Clooney , but I'll pass on the film "Hope Gap". A film about a marriage break up is too depressing for me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I agree about not needing a Tom Cruise or George Clooney , but I'll pass on the film "Hope Gap". A film about a marriage break up is too depressing for me.
I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone going through a break-up.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone going through a break-up.
I'm gonna watch that tomorrow, I'll let you know my verdict
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I strong recommend three films. Neither is exactly a new film but they are great pieces of film making and excellent acting.

1.) The Imitation Game

2.) Searching for Bobby Fisher

3.) The Darkest Hour
I like the look of Imitation Game, it's got a good rating on IMDB too.
bakerman
Mexico

02-01-2021, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I like the look of Imitation Game, it's got a good rating on IMDB too.
As a Brit, I imagine you would also love "The Darkest Hour".
Gary Oldman does a superb job in the role of Sir Winston Churchill during May of 1940 when he 1st stepped into soul crushing job as a war-time PM.
Gary Oldman certainly convinced me that I was actually watching the real Churchill.

I loved the ending where a member of parliament asks Halifax , "What just happened". And Halifax replied, "Winston mobilized the English language and sent it into battle".
Wow, that gave me goose bumps.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 11:01 AM

I just watched "Green Book" on Netflix . What a fascinating tale it was and apparently true.

Time just flew past, really well done. Didn't know any of the actors but it was terrific.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 03:00 PM

Don't bother with Wonder Woman 1984 because it's a pile of crap. The actors are very likeable but the script, plot and action scenes are poor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top