Join for free
Page 4 of 28 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 02:35 PM

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They have been debating endlessly because nobody made a plan for the future when the referendum was run. It's nothing to do with remainers this or that. It's down to poor planning.

The NHS was promised money on the basis that we do not crash out. The ten year plan announcement was put on hold while the vote on the deal was delayed. If we crash out that funding promise is likely to change. The chancellor said so at the time of the budget.
I don't deny the planning has been poor I was more talking about the debate on OFF we have been in a loop of arguing same things so long we haven't ever actually had any chat about what we'd like to happen next. Doomed to repeat why we wanted to leave and why we didn't.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't deny the planning has been poor I was more talking about the debate on OFF we have been in a loop of arguing same things so long we haven't ever actually had any chat about what we'd like to happen next. Doomed to repeat why we wanted to leave and why we didn't.
OK, I'll start the ball rolling. I'd like to see:

1. Parliament to go ahead with an outright Brexit.
2. Parliament to put in place immediately the necessary provisions for doing so.
3. All MPs who have been attempting to keep us in the EU, contrary to a clear vote to leave, be de-selected and by-elections run in their constituencies.
4. A new political party to be established with a clear mandate to ensure that regular referenda are offered to the general public. This should be done in good time for the next general election.
5. The House of Lords to be disestablished.

Not asking for much, am I?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
OK, I'll start the ball rolling. I'd like to see:

1. Parliament to go ahead with an outright leave.
2. Parliament to put in place immediately the necessary provisions for doing so.
3. All MPs who have been attempting to keep us in the EU, contrary to a clear vote to leave, be de-selected and by-elections run in their constituencies.
4. A new political party to be established with a clear mandate to ensure that regular referenda are offered to the general public. This should be done in good time for the next general election.
5. The House of Lords to be disestablished.

Not asking for much, am I?
I'd vote for all of that JBR I'd go further and trim down our royal family and set up a cross party committee to deal with providing housing, NHS etc al the things that shouldn't be political footballs. And renationalise our utilities and transport.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 02:53 PM

I'd vote for all of that JBR I'd go further and trim down our royal family and set up a cross party committee to deal with providing housing, NHS etc al the things that shouldn't be political footballs. And renationalise our utilities and transport.
Re. the Royal Family, I'd agree to maintain the Civil List for the Queen, Phil the Greek and (unfortunately) Charlie Boy.

The rest of them can maintain themselves or get a job... especially the York girls!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-12-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Re. the Royal Family, I'd agree to maintain the Civil List for the Queen, Phil the Greek and (unfortunately) Charlie Boy.

The rest of them can maintain themselves or get a job... especially the York girls!
Yes if Anne's can then so can Andrew's. I would maintain William and his kids as they are direct in line to the throne but everyone else no way.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 03:19 PM

set up a cross party committee to deal with providing housing, NHS etc al the things that shouldn't be political footballs.
How will a cross party committee dealing with these things take them out of the political arena?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-12-2018, 03:42 PM

How will a cross party committee dealing with these things take them out of the political arena?
Because I'd say put people in that committee understand the subject at the moment it's done one way under one party then another comes along and changes it all again. Why not have all parties all views and make decisions that will carry on for many many years or only change when something better is thought of and agreed. Education would benefit from that approach too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 04:02 PM

Hi

It won't, Marxism does not sit easily with other political ideologies.

As for other things on the wish list?

Where is the money coming from to re nationalise?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

20-12-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It won't, Marxism does not sit easily with other political ideologies.

As for other things on the wish list?

Where is the money coming from to re nationalise?
Well in that case why bother at all to try and make things work better just hold up our hands and say it won't work we can't talk to anyone doesn't have same ideology we do. Sad really.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 04:28 PM

Because I'd say put people in that committee understand the subject at the moment it's done one way under one party then another comes along and changes it all again. Why not have all parties all views and make decisions that will carry on for many many years or only change when something better is thought of and agreed. Education would benefit from that approach too.
I would expect constant bickering as there is about Brexit and then one side would blame the other when things go wrong. Part of the health and social care act was to take the NHS out of direct political control in order to prevent the "political football" situation, but of course that hasn't stopped it.

Page 4 of 28 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top