Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 08:12 PM

A little bit of good news yay!

I recently had my annual service and round of bloods taken and was told by my GP that am still alive. I asked about changing my statins as current one is associated with several side effects, some of which I suffer from. She told me that the way my levels stand atm it would do me no harm to actually stop statins altogether for three months, at the end of which would see if any of my symptoms had eased. Then last night was just dropping off to sleep and realised a wonderful bonus. I love grapefruit and have sorely missed it since first put on statins, and last night it came to me, I have three wonderful months of being able to gorge on them!! Yay!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 08:28 PM

Re: A little bit of good news yay!

Bully for you daisymay I was put on ststins but refused to take them,so gorge on kid you deserve it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 08:34 PM

For Des.....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 08:47 PM

Thars great news ...
Have you tried them cut in half sprinkle a little brown sugar and grate pink (if you can get it ) pepper if not black . then grill till the sugar has all melted and the fruit is warm.... very tasty .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 09:08 PM

That is great news Daisymay!

Enjoy your grapefruits!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 10:25 PM

Hope you really enjoy your grapefruit Daisy - it'll taste better than you remember I'll bet
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Thars great news ...
Have you tried them cut in half sprinkle a little brown sugar and grate pink (if you can get it ) pepper if not black . then grill till the sugar has all melted and the fruit is warm.... very tasty .
That's similar to a dessert I do but with fresh, sliced pineapple - sprinkle with icing sugar and grill until the sugar turns to toffee; unbelievably scrumptious.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 11:08 PM

Enjoy your grapefruit, Daisymay
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 10:04 AM

Well done Daisymay
Are you able to share your Cholesterol levels with us ? and do you take plant sterols, eat porridge etc ?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 02:25 PM

quick response to all your lovely posts, let me see, no she did not tell me the actual levels, but obviously they must be low for her to say could stop taking tablets for a whole three months surely? As for sterols etc the answer is no. porridge is a rare treat (have been known to make and eat a bowl in the middle of the night when having problems getting to sleep, on the basis that a full tummy aids the process), and contrary to most advice I eat 'loadsa cheese', in fact apart from not eating grapefruit I do not think that I have actually made any changes in my diet (which leads me to wonder if I ever needed the d****d things at all). And thanks for the grilled idea but I simply peel and eat them the way most people would an orange.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top