Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 05:07 PM

Re: Sunday lunch for Vegans?

False alarm! The court ruling was not on behalf of all vegans, but
Was an individual case involving allegations of illegal dismissal?
Phew! we can breathe again!
Donkeyman!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
False alarm! The court ruling was not on behalf of all vegans, but
Was an individual case involving allegations of illegal dismissal?
Phew! we can breathe again!
Donkeyman!
I bet some of us never stopped!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I appreciate that humans did many things in the past that we no longer need to do in order to lead a healthy life. We also have body parts that are redundant due to evolution , appendix and canine teeth are an example. I did eat a little meat as a child, unwillingly. My mother became a vegetarian in middle age but no neither myself nor children have ever taken vitamins or supplements.
I can assure you it is not a phobia, if you research you will see many top athletes are vegans or vegetarians.
Big business has obviously jumped on the bandwagon as every supermarket has many varieties of V food where once there were few.
The appendix and canine teeth aren't redundant. It used to be thought that the appendix is useless but they have found it has a function in the immune system. Canine teeth are very important for guiding the bite.

What I find interesting is that (some not all) vegans and vegetarians use meat substitutes. But when I asked a vegan friend whether he would eat laboratory grown meat he said no. However, there's no cruelty involved.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 10:20 AM

I, for one, am a hard-core carnivore. I eat meat with every meal: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Humans are predators and have been that way since our ancestors lived in trees, swinging from branch to branch. Chimpanzees, our closest living cousins, routinely catch, kill and eat monkeys. I, personally, asked Dr Jane Goodall how often did she observe chimps engaging in meat eating behavior ? She replied, "At every opportunity".
It is as natural for us to eat meat as it is for lions to eat meat. I see no reason to change my behavior.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
It is as natural for us to eat meat as it is for lions to eat meat. I see no reason to change my behavior.
Don't you just hate fussy eaters?

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Don't you just hate fussy eaters?

That lioness had allready eaten, or, she was a vegan Brucy??
Donkeyman!
Sorry l replied before watching the video, ( true to form??) you may say
But a great video and cmmentary!
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You sound like you have a genuine preference for veggies Xandra
and not a phobia!
Would you mind telling me if you would allow meat to share your
oven when cooking for guests?
Donkeyman!
No Donkeyman, I wouldn't ever buy meat/fish so there would be no question of it being in my fridge or oven.
I have cooked veggie meals however that those eating thought was meat and surprised to find it wasn't.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 11:21 PM

I describe myself as a hypocritical carnivore because - much as I like my meat - if I had to catch/kill it myself I could not do it. When I was younger I wanted to be a chef - even enrolled at chef school - but could not cope with skinning/drawing food. To this day I cannot cope with anything that looks like the animal from whence it came.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

05-01-2020, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
No Donkeyman, I wouldn't ever buy meat/fish so there would be no question of it being in my fridge or oven.
I have cooked veggie meals however that those eating thought was meat and surprised to find it wasn't.
Sounds like the answer is, you would'nt share your oven with
meat eating guests, Mmmmm?
Could you tell me why?
I would share my oven with vegan or vegitarian guests and let
them prepare their own food if they did'nt trust me to do it!
I am afraid my opinion remains that the majority of vegans and
some vegetarians are taking their diet to religious levels, or are
suffering from a self inflicted phobia?
Some of them have even become activists, why, surely they could
suffer in silence, not attempt to inflct their misery on others!
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

05-01-2020, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I describe myself as a hypocritical carnivore because - much as I like my meat - if I had to catch/kill it myself I could not do it. When I was younger I wanted to be a chef - even enrolled at chef school - but could not cope with skinning/drawing food. To this day I cannot cope with anything that looks like the animal from whence it came.
I think l am the same Silver Tabby, l dont believe in hunting as it is
no longer necassary, animals can be killed humanely and l believe
raised on a free rangee basis, and l prefer a butcher to prepare it
for me.
Think l will have a bacon sarny now before bed!
Regards Donkeyman!

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top