Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 03:54 PM

Re: Advice please - water problem

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Yes, Meg. In rural areas like this we all have hot water cylinders. And private wells. And private septic treatment systems. My cylinder is so well insulated it keeps enough hot water for two days.

Anyway, water problem now solved, thank goodness. Problem lay with a filtration tank. Nothing like being waterless to make you really appreciate being able to have a shower and flush the loo.
Well, I didn't do too badly with my on-line diagnosis.
Filter blockage was mentioned.

Do you have PayPal? That'll be £1-50 please.

Glad it's sorted.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 06:07 PM

£1.50? If that's all you charge I'm not sure I'd trust your diagnosis...

Thanks for your help, though.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I have a hot water cylinder it should be remembered we don't all have gas and this is particularly so out in the countryside where electricity and an immersion heater may be pretty much the only if not the best option to have hot water.

They are also a must if you have E7. I have a large well-insulated cylinder that stores the water which heats overnight providing enough for a whole day in most instances.
Must say sorry.

Did not relise that still some of the country did not have gas.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
£1.50? If that's all you charge I'm not sure I'd trust your diagnosis...

Thanks for your help, though.
My diagnosis was correct with filter...if I'd known there was a filtration tank I'd have pointed you in that direction.

As for my diagnosis fee.....it's usually £110-00 but I gave you a forum discount
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
My diagnosis was correct with filter...if I'd known there was a filtration tank I'd have pointed you in that direction.

As for my diagnosis fee.....it's usually £110-00 but I gave you a forum discount
So why are the other half of the water system still working????
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-06-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
So why are the other half of the water system still working????
Because it splits at the base where the filtration system is.
It was the only feasible explanation, that there was more than one feed to the house and one was blocked.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

28-06-2016, 07:30 PM

Because it splits at the base where the filtration system is.
It was the only feasible explanation, that there was more than one feed to the house and one was blocked.
Would have thought that the filter would be on the incoming pipe before it splits.

If fact would think it should be fitted before the Pump.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-06-2016, 07:41 PM

Nope
The water is drawn from a foot valve in the well to the pump, this is then sent to a storage tank with a base filter.
It then goes to the outlet(house)

I expect there must be 2 outlets from this tank, both serving the house as one side worked and the other did t there must be two filters and one blocked with sediment, this would only be possible if the tank wasn't level and the sediment only affected one filter.

If the system was a one filter- 2 feed system then all taps/outlets would have suffered the same.

This is only my opinion, based on what we know and guesswork.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

28-06-2016, 08:11 PM

Nope
The water is drawn from a foot valve in the well to the pump, this is then sent to a storage tank with a base filter.
It then goes to the outlet(house)

I expect there must be 2 outlets from this tank, both serving the house as one side worked and the other did t there must be two filters and one blocked with sediment, this would only be possible if the tank wasn't level and the sediment only affected one filter.

If the system was a one filter- 2 feed system then all taps/outlets would have suffered the same.

This is only my opinion, based on what we know and guesswork.
Hes stated that he has a header tank that seems to fill but two taps don't...a blockage after the feed pipe splits.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-06-2016, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Hes stated that he has a header tank that seems to fill but two taps don't...a blockage after the feed pipe splits.
Where is mention of header tank?
I missed that.

Anyway, however many T offs the blockage must be on the supply to those taps, wherever it may be.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top