Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 10:04 AM

Home Deliveries Getting Overwhelmed?

Don't know about you, but it appears to me that deliveries from Amazon, Argos, etc., are in some disarray.

Everything I ordered, recently, seems to end up being listed on line as "Sorry, we're late, your delivery will now be scheduled for next week".

Sign of the times!

(must ask if I can have my Prime contribution back!)

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 10:25 AM

Re: Home Deliveries Getting Overwhelmed?

Must admit that Amazon aren't doing too badly (for me) for delivery of goods which they stock in their fulfilment centres. The only delays have come from a couple of third party suppliers who deliver from their own stock facilities.

Mind you, I'm still waiting for the delivery of my Private Eye, which should have arrived about 5 days ago. Think this might have something to do with post office delays as (I think) they're working on a reduced staff basis and so are possibly selecting which items they can actually deliver in terms of bulk.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 10:35 AM

Brother in law said he was waiting for something posted on 1st April.
I think we'll just have to accept that things are difficult all round.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 10:38 AM

Some of my Amazon deliveries have taken a couple of days longer but yesterday it was my daughters birthday. Im not allowed in Outside World so ordered a basket of fruit for her, she doesnt eat meat.

It was supposed to arrive sometime from Saturday to Tuesday but actualy arrived at 6pm on Friday so she had a gift from me to open on her
birthday after all.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 10:47 AM

Amazon have been as expected in these times. Even Prime deliveries are stated as taking longer than they should, but generally arrive before the date they said it would.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 11:18 AM

I am still waiting for my delivery of wild bird food from Haiths. They said 10 days but it's now 12 days.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 11:39 AM

I'm not having any issues with Amazon,but when taken in the context of the country going to hell in a hand cart,it's irrelevant really!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 12:32 PM

No problems at all with Amazon , if anything faster than usual . Hermes a couple of days slower than normal but the seed companies are shocking 5 weeks for a tiny packet of seeds in one instance ...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 12:47 PM

I would say amazon have been amazing at this time. A real life saver for items you cannot buy elsewhere.

Unfortunately not so for other retailers. Holland and barrett took weeks to send my delivery and then it was short of two items. I tried to cancel the items which I still haven't received but had a dispatch email just after the cancellation request.

Pets at home sent an item I didn't order, only sent half of about 8-9 items of the original order. I still don't know what I am going to get from them and all the items were in stock when I ordered. Email communication is sporadic but they have at least responded to my specific query (which is more than Holland and Barrett did - just auto emails saying sorry for the delay). However, I still have no idea what's going to arrive as some dog food was dispatched in an email but I received dog and cat food (this was after I ordered a bumper pack of the cat food on Amazon as I thought I wasn't getting any!). At least with Amazon you know where you stand.

I understand that companies are going through difficult times but it's really frustrating if they tell you they do have something and then it's cancelled. That just leads to more deliveries and the subsequent risk and disruption.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 01:01 PM

Amazon have been just fine, the presents for my son's birthday have been delivered, some of them before the estimated time.
A quick rap on the door and there's the package!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top