Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 03:12 PM

Re: Home Deliveries Getting Overwhelmed?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am still waiting for my delivery of wild bird food from Haiths. They said 10 days but it's now 12 days.

#
Did you try Pigeon Post, Tiff?
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 03:38 PM

Superdrug seem to have stopped deliveries, there's a notice 'Only available to Order & Collect.' My local store is closed.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
#
Did you try Pigeon Post, Tiff?
Maybe should have done.
To much for one pigeon to manage though, need an army of them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I'm not having any issues with Amazon,but when taken in the context of the country going to hell in a hand cart,it's irrelevant really!
I agree, we have been taking a lot for granted, time to be tolerant of other's difficulties. I expect lots of staff are off isolating or have family to look after in these unprecedented, difficult times.

Patience can be difficult but necessary.

Thus endeth the first lesson...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
Superdrug seem to have stopped deliveries, there's a notice 'Only available to Order & Collect.' My local store is closed.
Boots are still delivering.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am still waiting for my delivery of wild bird food from Haiths. They said 10 days but it's now 12 days.
One of the items that pets at home did deliver is wild bird seed. I had to order peanuts from Amazon.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 07:45 AM

I ordered some clinique products three weeks ago....still not arrived but apologies for the delay have otherwise I would have thought they were lost.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 08:00 AM

I had a delivery by DPD and asked the delivery guy what its like in Outsde World as I have been self sheilding since early March. brfore we were told we must.

He said hes fed up. Not about having to work and make deliveries as he takes all the precautions he can, but instead it was all the selfish people who seem to be ignoring all advice and taking no precautions at all as he has a dad with heart condtion and his mum also had health problems and he worries about losing them to the virus
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
Why would a Superdrug be closed ? They supply medicines?
Boots on the other hand have stopped Order & Collect from stores .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 12:07 PM

Haiths order came this morning, before I was up too. So I waved at the man who delivered, with my bed hair & in my PJ's. He did look a bit surprised.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top