Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 08:15 AM

Woefully inadequate (Shopping arrangments )

I have been shielding for three weeks now and getting a delivery from the big supermarkets is impossible . These companies shout out how much theyre doing for the community yet can’t deliver to their customers..
Cherrful old sod I am lol
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 09:17 AM

Re: Woefully inadequate (Shopping arrangments )

Had the same problem Jade with Tesco's of Pitsea sent mail after mail to Lewis the CEO and got no reply's.
Told him the website was total rubbish when it came to "Shielded" customers orders.
Although everywhere I looked I saw that major supermarkets were supposedly helping people like ourselves.

I did manage a few deliveries from Iceland although there is only so much of their food I can stomach.

In the end Tesco's have got their act together and given me priority and I have a delivery window Friday between 10am and 6pm.

So its all round my house this weekend we have food for partying just fetch your own drinks and don't forget your protective dress.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 09:46 AM

I managed to find and book a Tesco home delivery slot a couple of hours ago.

Mrs mart is on the NHS shielded list and maybe this makes a difference, although it might depend on the number of other people on the list in the area where you live.

I think it's sometimes a matter of luck ..and persistence in looking at the online shopping sites at various times of the day and night.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 10:06 AM

I'm with you Jaded. Have a disabled son living here requiring 24 hour care and I'm over 80 but can't get any sense out of any of the supermarkets. Haven't been out of the house for nearly 4 weeks and now having to rely on my DIL and the carers who are still looking after us, bless them all.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 12:46 PM

I couldn't get any slots for delivery or click & collect,
but apparently you have to keep trying and at all odd
times like 6am. Slots are grabbed as they come up.

Luckily I can get to Tesco and think it's low risk with
all the distancing etc in place. That also leaves slots
for those that really need them!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
I couldn't get any slots for delivery or click & collect,
but apparently you have to keep trying and at all odd
times like 6am. Slots are grabbed as they come up.

Luckily I can get to Tesco and think it's low risk with
all the distancing etc in place. That also leaves slots
for those that really need them!
Could it be that the morons that went out and stockpiled things
like toilet rolls and flour etc have now stockpiled delivery slots??
Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Could it be that the morons that went out and stockpiled things
like toilet rolls and flour etc have now stockpiled delivery slots??
Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
We have. 2 in Sainsbury's, 2 in Morrisons. It's the sensible thing to do.

I note that some wholesalers are serving the general public now, probably just for the duration but include delivery in the case of the Big Boys.

Start by having a look at :---

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...nt-buying.html.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 07:51 PM

What bugs me is that a couple of my neighbours, same age as me, no underlying health problems, who always go every day on long walks (pre and post C.V.), they own two cars and have deliveries from Iceland and Morrison's.

Why? They have those feet they walk with. Two cars to drive. They aren't disabled in any way.

Those delivery slots could be given to those who need but can't get slots.

SO selfish.

Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 07:53 PM

I would post a message on fb or your local county website to let them know you're stuck Jade
I have posted a message on my fb to let people know I will do anything to help others..
shopping, collections, delivery, food donations.. basically anything I'm capable of doing.
There will be someone somewhere available to help or will know of people who are.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2020, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I would post a message on fb or your local county website to let them know you're stuck Jade
I have posted a message on my fb to let people know I will do anything to help others..
shopping, collections, delivery, food donations.. basically anything I'm capable of doing.
There will be someone somewhere available to help or will know of people who are.
Good advice Rhian. Most areas have a network of volunteers to help out with shopping. I think all local councils give advice on their websites too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top