Join for free
Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:05 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Change?..I haven't noticed any..same old same old ..thank goodness
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:07 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Oh my word! The mysterious Azz! Its like having a visit from...from...the CEO himself! Delighted to meet you
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Change?..I haven't noticed any..same old same old ..thank goodness
The only change as I read it was to a new server, that would not change the interface necessarily so the appearance and workings of the site would remain the same. There's nothing changed as I view the site, everything remains at it was. Had there been any changes introduced at that time with the move to a new server, I feel sure Azz would have mentioned what these were so that we would know what to expect.

Edited to add
See post #70, this was posted by Azz while I was creating this post so I didn't see it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:41 PM

Ok dokie...I have noticed something new...The 'Unwieldy' thread...Is that like the naughty step?

Jeez...it's been here since 2015.how come I haven't noticed it before?
edited the year
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 04:20 PM

Thank you!
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Hi all,

Right now we have just moved to a new server... in preparation for the other changes

The new server has 4 TB of hard disk space that means you'll be able to upload lots and lots of images (the old server had 500 GB of HD space, which is 0.5 TB).

I am currently working on another site, and when that is done I will start working on Over50s - but I'll keep you all updated

Hope you're all well and keeping safe!
Thank you
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh my word! The mysterious Azz! Its like having a visit from...from...the CEO himself! Delighted to meet you
I wish the CEO of Virgin Media was as helpful!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 04:25 AM

Hi all,

Right now we have just moved to a new server... in preparation for the other changes

The new server has 4 TB of hard disk space that means you'll be able to upload lots and lots of images (the old server had 500 GB of HD space, which is 0.5 TB).

I am currently working on another site, and when that is done I will start working on Over50s - but I'll keep you all updated

Hope you're all well and keeping safe!

Will the "other site" use the new software? Perhaps you can direct us to it when it is complete to see if we like the new software.

Three decades ago I started running a BBS on a DOS based 286 computer with a 65Mb hard drive, a few weeks later I bought another 65MB HDD, the bloke I bought the computer from commented, "What on earth do you need 130Mb of hard disk space for?" Yet 4TB seems almost tiny these days, I have USB powered HDDs that size.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Will the "other site" use the new software?
It will yes... but it won't be going public for a while (so this one will be going public first )

Perhaps you can direct us to it when it is complete to see if we like the new software.
Unfortunately we won't have a choice - the software we are using now is hanging on by a very thin thread (and even then it's still not working correctly - hence the problems some people have been having).

However I am sure you'll be fine - it may take some getting used to to begin with, but it's much better than the software we are currently using

Three decades ago I started running a BBS on a DOS based 286 computer with a 65Mb hard drive, a few weeks later I bought another 65MB HDD, the bloke I bought the computer from commented, "What on earth do you need 130Mb of hard disk space for?" Yet 4TB seems almost tiny these days, I have USB powered HDDs that size.
Ah that's awesome! And yes, 4TB is small for some services... good job we won't be hosting videos
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 05:31 AM

Ah that's awesome! And yes, 4TB is small for some services... good job we won't be hosting videos
I wasn't being critical of your 4TB storage, I hope you didn't take it as such, it was just a general comment on storage capacity and how it has changed over time.

For example once what we now use as thumbnails was once the largest practical size for a photo on a web page because dial up speeds made anything larger take too long to load.

Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top