Join for free
Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 02:38 PM

Re: Will You Ditch Your Mask When Covid Restrictions Are Lifted?

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I only wear mine in shops, I expect I'll continue to do it, for a while anyway. Outside it's wide open spaces here so don't need a mask but it's in my pocket, just incase.
Pretty much the same with me Roxy, although I do live in a city.

Am easy either way about a mask and will see how I feel as and when it crops up.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
You might have a point, but I think Humanity as a whole is sick to death of masks, lockdowns, travel restrictions and badly damaged economies. There will be people who will still take what precautions they can, but I think the (so it said on the news this morning) 67% of people in the UK have been double-vaccinated and they want their liberty back.
Totally agree with you on that one Tachyon.

Have had enough, deffo!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:17 PM

I'll be erring on the side of caution and will keep on wearing one until advised not to do so.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:19 PM

I will.
Ditch the facial covering at the earliest, that is.

Question: if wearing facial coverings is so effective and the waring of these is mandatory, how come still so many people are getting infected?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'll be erring on the side of caution and will keep on wearing one until advised not to do so.
Same here, especially in shops and on public transport.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I will.
Ditch the facial covering at the earliest, that is.

Question: if wearing facial coverings is so effective and the waring of these is mandatory, how come still so many people are getting infected?
I reckon its because people aren't being as hygienic as they were at the beginning. I used to see people anti bacc'ing (is that a verb now?!) their hands furiously, washing everything they touched and generally being really careful. Now nobody bothers.
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It’s whilst shopping that I hate wearing a mask as my reading glasses steam up and l can’t see a thing!

I have come home with the worst cabbages and cauliflowers because l just couldn’t inspect them properly because of the steamed up glasses!

So what about you? Will you be relieved to ditch the mask, or will you still wear one to safeguard your health?
I will continue to wear mine for a couple reasons.

A. I work in healthcare and am exposed to people who've been exposed to COVID.

B. We are facing another surge in the next few weeks due to the Delta variant.

I never removed mine even when they told us we could. I either get groceries delivered or I do curbside pickup. I don't go in anywhere that I don't have to. I just chose to stay home permanently if that's what will keep me safe. I'm an introvert and a loner by nature so it's not a big deal for me.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I reckon its because people aren't being as hygienic as they were at the beginning. I used to see people anti bacc'ing (is that a verb now?!) their hands furiously, washing everything they touched and generally being really careful. Now nobody bothers.
I still do, I have a bottle in the bathrooms, a bottle in the kitchen and a bottle in the car, also a bottle in the stable tack room. I always use the one in the car if I've been in the shops, or getting diesel from the garage, and as soon as I return to the car from walking with the dog, also have one in my swimming bag that I can use if I think necessary, but I usually wait untill I'm back in the car and use that one. It's a habit now and I'll always be doing it from now on.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:57 PM

I still do, I have a bottle in the bathrooms, a bottle in the kitchen and a bottle in the car, also a bottle in the stable tack room. I always use the one in the car if I've been in the shops, or getting diesel from the garage, and as soon as I return to the car from walking with the dog, also have one in my swimming bag that I can use if I think necessary, but I usually wait untill I'm back in the car and use that one. It's a habit now and I'll always be doing it from now on.
Same here Roxy, got the little bottles all over the place. Bag, pocket, bum bag, bathroom, kitchen & I use them.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Same here Roxy, got the little bottles all over the place. Bag, pocket, bum bag, bathroom, kitchen & I use them.
When I posted that, I was thinking more of outside than in, sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm scrupulous in the house and always have a bottle with me. I just don't see people outside being as careful as they once were. Even little kids are running around shops now, touching everything, whereas before they were usually kept with whoever was looking after them. One man I saw today actually moved his mask down, sneezed, and then put his mask back up over his face!

Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top