Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:40 PM

Re: Thick Skinned

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
This is interesting.....I don't treat anyone differently on here than I would in real life. I know its easy to misinterpret things in text form as there is no other indication (eye contact, body language) but the respect, and (hopefully) sorting out of any differences is still the same as in real life. Plus I'm quite laid back and not upset by much at all, so that helps.
I agree Pixie. I treat everyone on a forum with the same respect as anyone IRL. On some forums I’ve belonged to though, this hasn’t always been the norm, so I’ve learned not to take things personally, and to move on if I spot any trouble brewing
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:23 PM

I don't think anybody is entirely thick skinned - especially if the criticism is unfair.

Words can hurt more than sticks & stones..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 12:43 AM

I have one skin too few .
So I do take things to heart and react accordingly.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:06 AM

Me thick skinned?
No! I’ve got emotions and sometimes I’m vulnerable but I’m also human so it’s expected.
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:47 AM

I'm a fairly sensitive person so it doesn't take much to hurt my feelings. I usually do my best to avoid conflict. If someone is mean or rude I will often no associate with them. I don't need the drama.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't think anybody is entirely thick skinned - especially if the criticism is unfair.

Words can hurt more than sticks & stones..
Very true!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 06:30 AM

Like everyone else - I do have emotions and from time to time they are trampled on - but I was brought up to not show them in public so if anyone hurt/angered me they would never know - but it would damage the relationship.

The only real way to tell if one is thick or thin skinned would be to slice it, peel it back, and have a look - and I don't really fancy that!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top