Join for free
Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 13 14 15
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 08:37 AM

Re: It occurred to me, while I was cutting my toe nails.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Dont think it would be kind of me to inflict my plates of meat on a poor chiropodist, possible grounds for cruelty.
..... I expect they could tell a good story though Nom ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 09:57 AM

Cutting my toe nails is one of those things actually getting easier with age, last 10 years I had to ask my husband to do mine, losing weight I can now for first time in ages do them my self. Hoping if I can lose some more it will be easier still !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 10:37 PM

Well done Julie. Lose a bit more and you'll be able to suck your big toe like a baby does.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 10:39 PM

Everything Robert....it's all downhill...wrinkles, age spots, hair growth on chin, if you don't mind... yep a whole lot of things to maintain now.... LOL
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, I have to admit, two things that irke me are the fact that my eyesight is no longer as good as it used to be. It was just reading glasses for years but now its varifoculs for the paper, tv and computer. The second is getting out of the bath is not as easy as it once was. I am not overweight in any way but I find now that when I want to get out of the bath it's much harder to do now I am not so supple as I once was boo hoo. and then I have to sit on the edge of the bath to get my breath back and also congratulate myself that I did it without falling back in and knocking myself unconscious.
With you there shropshiregirl, I am not as subtle as I once was boo hoo.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Your post had me laughing here Robert!

I hope you managed to cut your toenails with no mishaps
Yes that was funny Robert! I hope nobody took one in the eye!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Dont think it would be kind of me to inflict my plates of meat on a poor chiropodist, possible grounds for cruelty.
Oh lord, eeew!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

25-06-2014, 12:17 AM

I'm not as supple anymore either. Although I'm bending a lot, moving around quite a bit, I'm still not in good shape. I get tired coming up stairs & my upper thighs are sore if I have to try & do my toenails.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

25-06-2014, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Love talking about feet. Those clippers dont look as scary as what I have to use on my toe nails. Dog clippers as they are the only thing that can cut through the strength of my nails which have become - with age -
like Rhinocersos horn
I am left handed and find I cannot cut my left small toe nail as I cannot
seem to bend correctly without feeling my dinner coming up. My big
toe nails are so hard I feel I could kill someone with them if I kicked
out. They do look nice with nail poliish on though
I think a helping hand could cure your problem Robert. I get one of
my sons to cut mine and being a big strapping lad even he finds it
hard to cut the big toe nails
Sounds like a freak lol.
Hilarious post BowieEyes!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

25-06-2014, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

Toe nail cutting can be dodgy at the best of times Robert so be extra careful, I use a clippers very similar to this one, the points are especially useful for the sharp side corners of the nails, as you know if these are left sharp they will grow into the flesh that sometimes overlaps the nail, then you're in trouble, a pair of clippers with good steel is a sound investment and should last a lifetime, the cheaper ones are a waste of money, It's one job you have to give your full attention to, all I'm really saying is be careful old chap.
On the lighter side I have to say that I have been blessed with wonderful feet, a joy to behold, when I'm in the process of clipping the wife drops whatever she's doing and rushes to gaze in awe at "The feet of Adonis", as she once referred to them, she always ignores the "Head of Goliath" when she's looking at the feet, yes I could fill chapters about my feet, a chiropodist's paradise, never a carbuncle, welt, wart, blister, or boil have desecrated my feet.

My old Italian friend Tony, was a Chiropodist in Rome, his business wasn't doing well and he couldn't take it, he had a breakdown was in an awful state. His wife emailed me and said "Tony is not too bad now, the doctor says that once he accepts defeet he will be back in business again."
Sorry, couldn't resist it.
Boy so many people on here are very witty & have funny posts.
It feels good to actually laugh at some NORMALCY in a thread, for awhile.

Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 13 14 15

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top