Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 08:13 PM

Re: Over 50's forum in my area..find it a bit depressing any ideas to liven it up a bit?

Hi Stella...ours has been going about 2yrs.....just wanted to know if anyone else has got one in thier area ...and do they enjoy it ...think most people that go to ours enjoy it....
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 08:18 PM

Re: Over 50's forum in my area..find it a bit depressing any ideas to liven it up a bit?

I'm quite happy with this one anyway Sandra. If I do fins a local one for here I will probably go and have a nosey though.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 09:20 PM

Sorry I have no suggestions for you Sandra.
Someone started a local forum in our area about five years ago, it began with great enthusiasm then began to slowly fade out, it finally wound up in January this year, I think folks just ran out of things to say to each other.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 09:21 PM

I don't think we have one in all of Canada! Grrrr!

Maybe Canadians don't talk as much as Brits do
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 09:30 PM

Sandra, I've never heard of a "real" forum, do you meet somewhere or is it on-line? I'm just down the road from you! I belong to a Steampunk group in Bristol (a couple in Somerset too) they are great people and have lots of fun!
I've found that our local "over 50's" groups such as Art Clubs, Golden Hours etc. have really become over 70's groups, there's so many older people they've taken over!
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 09:39 PM

Hiya ...yes we meet monthly in the local community centre...speakers are invited to come along.....talks like...care in the community...dementia ...hospitals ...isolation ...etc ..I find it depressing...come out of there loosing the will to live sometimes..lol...
sandra
Bristol

12-06-2014, 09:44 PM

you could start one ...all you need is a venue ..and word of mouth......but must say I'm not enjoying ours .. think i'm going to enjoy this online one better
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 09:45 PM

Know what you mean, I joined a fybromyalgia support group, sooooo depressing! I started my own Steampunk group as I couldn't get to any others easily, I found I needed something totally different to what I thought I did, now I'm having fun, have a creative outlet for my hobbies of art & crafts, making costumes etc. and it's given me a new lease of life! Don't grow old, grow splendid! That's my motto!
sandra
Bristol

12-06-2014, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Know what you mean, I joined a fybromyalgia support group, sooooo depressing! I started my own Steampunk group as I couldn't get to any others easily, I found I needed something totally different to what I thought I did, now I'm having fun, have a creative outlet for my hobbies of art & crafts, making costumes etc. and it's given me a new lease of life! Don't grow old, grow splendid! That's my motto!
Never heard of steampunk...sounds good...I feel young...as regards my local over 50's forum...will go a couple more times to say I give it my best shot....certainly dont feel its my time to grow 'old' yet....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by sandra ->
I'm new here...Would like to know what people think of thier local over 50's forums..seem to come away from mine feeling down... need to liven it up a bit! anyone got any idea's they could share?
Employ a Troll?.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top