Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 10:12 PM

Re: Over 50's forum in my area..find it a bit depressing any ideas to liven it up a bit?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello Sandra and welcome .
The thought of a 'local over 50's' anything fills me with horror, I would avoid it like the plague
Keep coming back to your statement!!
...should have guessed what the local over 50's would be like...lol
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 10:26 PM

Re: Over 50's forum in my area..find it a bit depressing any ideas to liven it up a bit?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Employ a Troll?.
Trolls usally hide...there would be no place to hide at my Local community centre over 50's forum....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 10:31 PM

Employ an Unusual Troll who does not have social interaction problems.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by sandra ->
Hiya ...yes we meet monthly in the local community centre...speakers are invited to come along.....talks like...care in the community...dementia ...hospitals ...isolation ...etc ..I find it depressing...come out of there loosing the will to live sometimes..lol...
Could that be what we used to call Pensioner Clubs, Sandra?
sandra
Bristol

12-06-2014, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Could that be what we used to call Pensioner Clubs, Sandra?
I dont know Mags.. but it sure needs livening up a bit...funny thing is the majority of the people like it ...I dont think its for me though
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 10:53 PM

I dont know Mags.. but it sure needs livening up a bit...funny thing is the majority of the people like it ...I dont think its for me though
That's because you are still young at heart Sandra ...... you would be better off staying here and having a laugh as well as the more serious stuff
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 10:59 PM

I belong to a local pensioners club, but because of some red tape they changed the name to pensioners forum. It's something to do with getting more access to funding I think.
Anyway, they are a good lot and I find it very informative. At the beginning of the year we get a list of dates of meetings, any outings, special events etc and I enjoy most of them, the only one I don't attend is when a curious couple come to 'entertain us' with their choice of music and its mostly from about the 1930's! Definitely not ready for that yet, so I always give that meeting a miss.
Our lot have some interesting guest speakers and handy info of important issues affecting our age group. We have lunches, strawberry teas, coach trips, and in fact, this very evening I have just returned from an amateur theatre play.
It was a comedy about a man hitting 50 who's friend betted him he couldn't get a love bite at his age! It was very funny and really good.
It's not always easy for a female to go out unaccompanied, I certainly wouldn't have gone to the theatre on my own, so it's nice to go out with a group for company sometimes, and they're a friendly bunch.
sandra
Bristol

12-06-2014, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Employ an Unusual Troll who does not have social interaction problems.
I want to liven the place up...Not clear the place out!...lol
sandra
Bristol

12-06-2014, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's because you are still young at heart Sandra ...... you would be better off staying here and having a laugh as well as the more serious stuff
Mags I think your probably right ...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 11:10 PM

I want to liven the place up...Not clear the place out!...lol
...Goodnight.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top