Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 05:39 PM

Re: Men-Women

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I can knit and strip paintwork......I don't knit now though although I believe that knitting has had a revival and is now 'in'.
My mother used to knit the most amazing jumpers..cardigans..etc..she tried to pass the skill on to me..Didn't happen..

She could follow a complicated pattern whilst watching the telly..

I will always remember the click..click..click..of those knitting needles..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 03:59 AM

My mother knitted all our woolies when I was a kid including those dreadful woollen swimming costumes of the 40s and 50s that filled up with water and sand and ended up round your knees as you waded out ofthe water.

The last thing she knitted for was a pullover she brought out to OZ on her last visit. Two problems with it; firstly it was off white, not a colour that suits me as I have a magnet attraction for dirt but mainly because even in the vilest winter where I live it never gets cold enough to wear it, I would sweat like a pig.

Fortunately my daughter moved to Canberra a few years ago so now, if I have to visit them in winter it does get an outing.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 10:08 AM

Before Mum's eyesight went, she'd also sit in front of the TV knitting.

Usually it was a jumper or cardigan and sometimes she'd unpick things a bit and knit different cuffs ... or something

Dunno ... it was a mystery and struck me as being a complete waste of time

I mean, you spend all that time knitting and then what if it doesn't fit ? PLUS wool is expensive and you can just go to a shop and try stuff on can't you and if it doesn't look right ~ you've not wasted a load of time, dosh and energy
Deepwater
vietnam
Deepwater is male 

22-06-2014, 06:03 PM

Are there any strippers out there, who cares about the knitting, unless it's a warmer of sirts.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 06:06 PM

Well I have always been quite good at wallpaper stripping if that's any help ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Oh, I hope that doesn't mean you like the show Duck Dynasty
Yes I surely do!

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top