Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 09:42 PM

Re: Have you ever visited a Psychic?

It's a load of old rubbish.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
That's the trouble with the psychics who go commercial.
Just for money.
You need to see one who does an individual one and they are generally
recommended by someone you know. They are generally good.
Its impossible to do a mass reading on a stage.

I do believe in psychics as I am one myself but I don't do the
commercial. I just help people I know if they want to know. If not,
I keep it to myself. I don't earn money from it and can read
some strangers but not everyone wants to know. So like Patsy
my power as such seemed strong when I was younger but due
to knowing some terrible events over the years were going to happen
and unable to tell anyone, I have now tried to cut myself off of it
as it can be soul destroying knowing before it happens.

My mum was a psychic but she also would never do it for money.

It is a gift, a gift that should be properly used.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 12:25 AM

[QUOTE=Pats;483475].
My mum was a psychic but she also would never do it for money.

It is a gift, a gift that should be properly used.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Pats. It is a gift which should be used properly.
There is also a well known saying in Clairvoyant circles which is "All mediums are psychic - but not all psychics are mediums".
Stephen O'Brien in one of his many books explains the difference between a 'psychic message' and a 'mediums message'. Briefly, he says the Psychics work more on telepathy from the sitter's own mind and usually contain no evidence of an entity who's trying to communicate his presence and personality to you.
He also says that in his view, "undeveloped 'sensitives' should have no place on the public platform: they should go back into the development class to be properly trained."
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Best quote ever...

"I don't mean to be rude or discourteous, but before we begin. I'd just like to say there's absolutely no scientific evidence to support clairvoyance of any kind. Which means - and again, no insult intended - you're a fraud, your profession is a swindle, and your livelihood is dependent on the gullibility of stupid people. But again, no offense."

Sheldon Cooper - Big Bang Theory.
I think that's a correct statement for the 'stage' psychics that make a fortune out of guesswork and tricks of the trade.
Other than that - not impressed .......
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 09:07 AM

'There is no such thing as spirits.'
'There are no such thing as ghosts.'
'There are no such things as UFO's.'
'There is no God.'

These are the basic beliefs of most people. They are impossible to prove scientifically or logically. There are all complete bunkum.

...Until you experience them for yourself.
Then you find yourself in a dilemma. You know they really do exist. You are unable to convince others, and you feel embarrassed even to talk about them..

Imagine how a Victorian man would feel if he saw a television, or a mobile 'phone, or a jet fighter. He would be branded as some type of weirdo - yet he would know.

Perhaps one day, there will be scientific instruments that prove beyond a shadow of doubt that there are such things out there. Until then, the wonderful powers of the brain, both animal and human, continue to 'detect' something....

Meanwhile, the charlatans will continue to exploit the weak.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote H [IMG]Perhaps one day, there will be scientific instruments that prove beyond a shadow of doubt that there are such things out there. Until then, the wonderful powers of the brain, both animal and human, continue to 'detect' something....[/IMG]

That's about right ......
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 11:50 AM

My friend went to see ''Psychic Sally'' in Halifax. She said she was cringing with embarrassment by the time the show was finished.
Virtually everything she said was wrong and didn't apply to anyone..
''Your husbands name was Alan..Bertie..Clive..Dan?''..''errm no!''
''you had a black and white dog..I can see him near you!''...''Errm no..I have never owned a dog!''
At the end..''Sally'' bowed and said ''Ah well..I can't get everything right''
According to my friends, she got nothing right..and with a 500 seater theatre bulging at the seams..£25 per ticket..she must have been laughing all the way to the bank!

Not too bad for 2 hours ''work''!!!
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

21-06-2014, 12:58 PM

Personally I think it has more to do with our own instincts and intuition than anything. Sometimes we learn to pick up certain energies for our own protection - like a kid growing up in a violent home. For some of us it’s quite important to be able to ‘read’ people.

Then there’s our hidden storehouse of knowledge - all the experiences and interpretations and assumptions we took onboard while growing up. We may not remember it all consciously but it’s all there never the less. And some of us are able to put it to good use.

I don’t believe there is anything magical or mystical about it. All said and done it’s simple common sense. And I do believe some people misunderstand it and think they have some special gift.

I had a dream when I was much younger, around the time I was becoming aware of the power of instinct and intuition, and I was beginning to think that maybe I was psychic. In the dream I was on a ladder (I took it to be a spiritual ladder) and I heard the words “Go on. Keep going. You can always go back if you want.”

For me psychics and mediums are people who chose to stop on that particular rung of the ladder. I chose a more personal and spiritual development path.

PS.

I can’t help wondering how wholesome the psychic or medium path is. They all seem to suffer such painful illnesses. Perhaps their inner-self is trying to tell them something but they're not listening.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bluerose ->
I can’t help wondering how wholesome the psychic or medium path is. They all seem to suffer such painful illnesses. Perhaps their inner-self is trying to tell them something but they're not listening.
Even the ''holiest'' of people suffer painful illnesses..and painful deaths..

God doesn't save them..

I believe that the truly psychic just have that extra perception..and learn to listen to it..

After all...why would the Pentagon and police employ them??
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2014, 01:11 PM

My last mother, (I had seven altogether), was extremely superstitious, and was forever looking up in a well-worn book the meaning of her dreams. She would never have a cup of tea without turning it upside down, and reading the leaves.
Every morning, as soon as the paperboy had shoved the Daily Mirror through the letterbox, she would look up her astrological reading for the day. It might say, 'You will receive a letter from a strange man.', and when the postman delivered a bill from the Electricity Board, she would say, 'I told you that would happen...'

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top