Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:00 PM

Just Imagine

Just imagine that one of your kids comes round and starts to go on about how wonderful you are. Imagine how uncomfortable you would become, having to just sit and listen to them telling you what a wise and reliable parent you have always been to them. Telling you that you are, and always will be, the most important person in their life. Telling you that their admiration and devotion are boundless.

But you have two kids, and they both call round at the same time, and they are both saying all this stuff to you at once. And that’s not an end to it. They come every week to say it all to you again and again.

If you can imagine that, then just think: That’s what it must be like for God, only a billion times worse.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:03 PM

Re: Just Imagine

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Just imagine that one of your kids comes round and starts to go on about how wonderful you are. Imagine how uncomfortable you would become, having to just sit and listen to them telling you what a wise and reliable parent you have always been to them. Telling you that you are, and always will be, the most important person in their life. Telling you that their admiration and devotion are boundless.

But you have two kids, and they both call round at the same time, and they are both saying all this stuff to you at once. And that’s not an end to it. They come every week to say it all to you again and again.
In my experience, this usually ends in me having to fork out money or do them a favour
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
In my experience, this usually ends in me having to fork out money or do them a favour
Aye, I know that one!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:09 PM

It's a purely hypothetical situation for me, Dex; certainly not in my experience.

I always have to fork out without the praise.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:10 PM

I can't imagine that at all and if it happened I would be a bit concerned .
Rightly the most important people in my sons life are his wife and children.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Aye, I know that one!
Suppose the model does indeed extend to god as Harbal suggests. But I think I'll leave that side to be discussed by the allegedly more knowledgeable on such matters.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

03-07-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
It's a purely hypothetical situation for me, Dex; certainly not in my experience.

I always have to fork out without the praise.
Yep, I know where you were aiming. Just thought I'd duck the question
Harbal
South Yorkshire

03-07-2021, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can't imagine that at all and if it happened I would be a bit concerned .
So would I, Meg, and that's why I would urge people to think about it before they do it to God.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:18 PM

Yes, and we never did it, when we were young!

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:45 PM

I ask the question, Why aren’t they out earning the money instead of scrounging off you?

When my children started asking for designer labelled clothes. I told them to get an after school, weekend or school holiday job.
They did and most of them got part time jobs from the age of 13 or as soon as they got a National insurance number.

Sorry, they can smile all they like at me but they have to learn to earn to pay for what they want.

Luckily, they all now have well paid jobs and don’t need to come to parents for money.

Tough Love is what’s needed!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top