Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:44 PM

Thick Skinned

Are you?

Especially to some of the negativity that comes our way at times?

I believe it’s “ learning “ not to take what some folk say “ personally “

Which we can all do at times.

Even on a forum..we can take things that are said a little to seriously.

What say you?..

I do look inwardly a lot, ask myself a lot of questions, as of to why I reacted or said that.

Learning about self I find extremely interesting....also listening to others...
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 05:01 PM

Re: Thick Skinned

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Are you?

Especially to some of the negativity that comes our way at times?

I believe it’s “ learning “ not to take what some folk say “ personally “

Which we can all do at times.

Even on a forum..we can take things that are said a little to seriously.

What say you?..

I do look inwardly a lot, ask myself a lot of questions, as of to why I reacted or said that.

Learning about self I find extremely interesting....also listening to others...
On the forums, I would not take it personally at all. IRL it depends on the person giving me the feedback and whether or not I cared about their opinion. I do the same, if I react to feedback I ask myself "why?" Why does it really bother me. Sometimes the answer is so dumb it entertaining, but always educational. Sometimes those things that we think we've grown past, eh not so much.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
On the forums, I would not take it personally at all. IRL it depends on the person giving me the feedback and whether or not I cared about their opinion. I do the same, if I react to feedback I ask myself "why?" Why does it really bother me. Sometimes the answer is so dumb it entertaining, but always educational. Sometimes those things that we think we've grown past, eh not so much.

Good post Danny, 👍👍

Welcome to the forum,
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Good post Danny, 👍👍

Welcome to the forum,
Thank you and Thank you
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 05:11 PM

I don't take anything personally on forums. Why would I? Anyone who throws any negativity my way is simply not important to me. I just ignore them and get on with my life - sometimes with a bit of a giggle to be honest .

It's different IRL, obviously, because any negativity would be from people I actually know which might be upsetting. I would want to try to build bridges if there was a risk of damaging what I'd considered a good friendship.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 05:31 PM

This is interesting.....I don't treat anyone differently on here than I would in real life. I know its easy to misinterpret things in text form as there is no other indication (eye contact, body language) but the respect, and (hopefully) sorting out of any differences is still the same as in real life. Plus I'm quite laid back and not upset by much at all, so that helps.
Danny
Denver, CO

05-07-2021, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
This is interesting.....I don't treat anyone differently on here than I would in real life. I know its easy to misinterpret things in text form as there is no other indication (eye contact, body language) but the respect, and (hopefully) sorting out of any differences is still the same as in real life. Plus I'm quite laid back and not upset by much at all, so that helps.
"I'm quite laid back and not upset by much at all, so that helps." Ditto
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-07-2021, 05:58 PM

if I felt no emotions

That is when I would start worrying.

Balanced emotions are good....it’s getting that balance is the key.

There was once upon a time when I would show no emotions...slowly I have come to understanding my emotions and why I never showed them....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 06:24 PM

No I'm not thick skinned not in the least. I wish I were and that I could just be detached and not care... but thats not me. I do keep hurt to myself though and I just carry on
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:22 PM

Thick skinned? I'm one of the original pachyderms and have been so for as long as I can remember.
I do have a softer more vulnerable side, but only my significant other is aware of that and she is very protective towards it 💝

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top