Join for free
Page 8 of 21 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 05:56 PM

Re: barnier the begging clown

Barnier is still negotiating with the mandate that was supposed to keep us in the EU.

Can someone tell him what happened in January

#clown
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Barnier is still negotiating with the mandate that was supposed to keep us in the EU.

Can someone tell him what happened in January

#clown
I think he is aware of that. However, what you not seem to be aware of is that on 3 februari the negotiation mandate of barnier was published. You can inform you of the facts here ():
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pres.../speech_20_185
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I think he is aware of that. However, what you not seem to be aware of is that on 3 februari the negotiation mandate of barnier was published. You can inform you of the facts here ():
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pres.../speech_20_185

No legal texts though.

Big difference

#backonignore
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 06:36 PM

No legal texts though.

Big difference

#backonignore
Indeed, you had to wait till 18 march before the EU published those. https://ec.europa.eu/info/publicatio...ted-kingdom_en

The UK published theirs on 19 may, but nobody was interested in those.

And you might find it surprising, but over here an oral agreement is legally binding. I can understand, seeing how you and your politicians act, that in the UK you can't rely on a man's word.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

07-06-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Indeed, you had to wait till 18 march before the EU published those. https://ec.europa.eu/info/publicatio...ted-kingdom_en

The UK published theirs on 19 may, but nobody was interested in those.

And you might find it surprising, but over here an oral agreement is legally binding. I can understand, seeing how you and your politicians act, that in the UK you can't rely on a man's word.
Your link is not the legal texts, Barmier hasn't submitted these.

Get your facts right, once again you are picking something from the internet and pretending its something else.

Oral agreements - yeah the best treaties in the world are done by word of mouth aren't they.

Not
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-06-2020, 07:59 PM

Get your facts right, once again you are picking something from the internet and pretending its something else.

Oral agreements - yeah the best treaties in the world are done by word of mouth aren't they.

Not
I must apologize for overestimating the content of your knowledge. I presumed you knew most of this already. Now I understand why your arguments so often are beside the mark.
However, here for your heart's desire, all the relevant texts and information. You need at least a few days to take this to you. Enjoy!

https://ec.europa.eu/info/european-u...egotiations_en
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 08:00 PM

Not
Hitler and Trumpy did,nt care if it was written or not Bread did
they??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-06-2020, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hitler and Trumpy did,nt care if it was written or not Bread did
they??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Looks like both have the same affection for the written word.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump-Hitler-Book-Optics.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	12873  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 08:39 PM

Under the withdrawal agreement the UK is entitled to the Coronavirus emergency fund, so we get about 3 Billion back from the EU.
If I have understood this correctly, then, we would receive about £3 billion (or Euros?) refund IF we achieve a withdrawal agreement.

Moreover, I assume this £3 billion refund is only AFTER we have paid them the £39 billion I have heard so much about.

If this is correct, I'd still want to leave without a withdrawal agreement and without all the conditions that will no doubt be imposed!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-06-2020, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If I have understood this correctly, then, we would receive about £3 billion (or Euros?) refund IF we achieve a withdrawal agreement.

Moreover, I assume this £3 billion refund is only AFTER we have paid them the £39 billion I have heard so much about.

If this is correct, I'd still want to leave without a withdrawal agreement and without all the conditions that will no doubt be imposed!
Wrong. You have achieved a withdrawal agreement. Boris caved in on EU's demands and signed a deal in december upon which the UK left the EU on 31 januari 2020.

No, the 3 bn is a mistake made by bread. The actual figure is 300 mln. So bread is 2,700 million beside the mark.
The 39 bn is presently being paid in monthly fractions by the UK. Boris agreed to that, as did the new UK parliament by ratifying the withdrawal agreement.

So you are leaving with an agreement. Presently you are in the transition period, which allows you the honour of being treated like an EU member.

Page 8 of 21 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top