Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 12:07 AM

Re: tescos

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I seem to remember our local police saying they have enough to do without checking people going in and out of shops.
In all fairness, I can understand that.
They can't spare a police officer just to stand in a shop doorway doing nothing all day.
Perhaps but I am sure there are plenty of community volunteer plods who would step in given the opportunity
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not sure that's a good idea Dex.
If I worked on a checkout, I wouldn't be too happy to have to police a couple of 6ft blokes not wearing their masks.
These girls don't get paid danger money!
Fair point, which is why I went on to suggest that a till would only become functional via a CCTV link to someone offsite. Obviously a bit of a pest and will create some delays, but if it gets the point across......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We had one for quite a while but it was seen as too expensive to keep up.
There was one at our local Corner shop, had my mask on but was still refused entry, because I had Trainers on.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes they should have some official badge for those who cannot wear a mask. But those who don't have one shouldn't be allowed to mingle. They are getting really lax and there's no enforcement.
My regional bus company, Stagecoach, provide everyone who qualifies for face covering exemption with a photo card which is the same size as the bus pass. I have one but have never been asked to show it. If challenged in a shop which has never happened, I would simply show my carried inhaler, which everyone knows is for people with some kind of breathing ailment. It is not up to me to volunteer my means of exemption, it is up to those who need to know to ask
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes they should have some official badge for those who cannot wear a mask. But those who don't have one shouldn't be allowed to mingle. They are getting really lax and there's no enforcement.
Would you also expect someone with a STD to also wear a badge?! Why stop there? What about hearing deficient as well? I wear aids but they cannot be seen, so should I wear a label around my neck SPEAK UP AS MY HEARING IS DEFICIENT. The list could be endless
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 11:18 AM

my local tesco used to have a security man at the shop entrance....but he's not been around for a long time...A friend of mine has c.o.p.d. and has a disc that she wears around her neck, which she had to pay £ 18 for, to let people know why she can't wear a mask
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 11:29 AM

This Link may be a help to anyone who can't wear a mask, for what ever reason.

https://shop.disabilityhorizons.com/...or-clip-badge/
JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 11:41 AM

The fact of the matter is, the Government have said there are exemptions and that those who are exempt do no have to explain to all and sundry the reason why and should not be challenged in any way

Can people just not accept those that are not wearing a mask are exempt and mind their own business?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by JeanMcP ->
The fact of the matter is, the Government have said there are exemptions and that those who are exempt do no have to explain to all and sundry the reason why and should not be challenged in any way

Can people just not accept those that are not wearing a mask are exempt and mind their own business?
Because most people will lie.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Because most people will lie.

True, I think there should be an official one that you need to apply for, without having to jump through hoops. If you have the need for it then you get it. People wearing it or carrying it should not be challenged. People without it, refused service or entry.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top