Join for free
Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 08:40 PM

Re: Boris puts 20% VAT back on Facemasks and Glovess.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Well ,l suppose Jamie and Hugh are trying to get on the "gravy train"
Zaphod??

Donkeyman! 😁😁
You mean HS2?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Why do you think that they are all volunteers?
Paedophiles maybe?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:03 PM

What a wonderful mob you British tax payers are - prepared to pay over £700 a day for each of their unelected masters to attend the House of Lords rather than waste £2.30 on nutrition for children.

It's heart warming to know that you care so much for the Lords and Ladies that you wish to keep them in the style that they deserve rather than feed horrid little oiks.

Very altruistic of you all.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:05 AM

Not sure when your son was at school or which school, but rules for healthy school meals came into force five years ago following Mr O's campaigning.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/...chedule/2/made
I do keep telling you that it's not me who is out of touch and you keep proving me right.

He's still at school - and legislation doesn't relate to what goes on a plate I assure you.
It's worse now he's in senior school but he loves all the pizza and nachos.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What a wonderful mob you British tax payers are - prepared to pay over £700 a day for each of their unelected masters to attend the House of Lords rather than waste £2.30 on nutrition for children.

It's heart warming to know that you care so much for the Lords and Ladies that you wish to keep them in the style that they deserve rather than feed horrid little oiks.

Very altruistic of you all.
If I had my way Bruce I would ............. no no no, better not write what I would like to do with the contents of the House of Boreds.

They should if anything be an elected upper chamber & personaslly I think we should elect as we did MEP's - it would be an ideal time now and so much more cost-effective too.

As for the cash, c'mon - I can just see what you Aussies would say if somenone tried telling you that you had loads of kids going hungry!
The air would be blue .......... well, more blue.

They have enough of our cash Bruce.
Giving them more is nothing other than further subsiding other habits.

Now I don't like this woman - but here she is absolutely right:

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

As for the cash, c'mon - I can just see what you Aussies would say if somenone tried telling you that you had loads of kids going hungry!
The air would be blue .......... well, more blue.
No School Dinners in this state, buy or bring your own. But then we don't have any poor children because Bob said so.

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 11:08 AM

Why do you think that they are all volunteers?
Im going by my memories of school dinners soon after WW2
Annie!!
When they used to march us to the sports field to eat in the
"Pavillion" !!
As l recall we soon went back to going home for dinner again??
Of course mums were at home all day in those days !!

Donkeyman! 👍😁😁👍
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 11:34 AM

With the provision of child allowance as a universal benefit I find it amazing that any child needing to be fed by tax payers without very prompt action being taken against its parent/s disgraceful. The root cause is failure by child protection services which means in the case of the UK - social services.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 11:58 AM

Perhaps if Councils ringfenced monies meant for families facing hardship instead of squirreling it away to get the interest, it might help.
Also, surely extra funds for food being given in the form of coupons redeemable at any food shop or supermarket would be better and would ensure it was being spent where it was meant to be spent.

As for the usual complaint of ''stigma'' attached to providing coupons as the usual excuse not to be paid in cash ? surely during this time where many are in danger of losing their job due to the pandemic, this certainly doesn't apply anymore.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Perhaps if Councils ringfenced monies meant for families facing hardship instead of squirreling it away to get the interest, it might help.
Also, surely extra funds for food being given in the form of coupons redeemable at any food shop or supermarket would be better and would ensure it was being spent where it was meant to be spent.

As for the usual complaint of ''stigma'' attached to providing coupons as the usual excuse not to be paid in cash ? surely during this time where many are in danger of losing their job due to the pandemic, this certainly doesn't apply anymore.
I'd be interested to know where the councils have found an interest
bearing account shroppie !!
Otherwise l have no arguments with the rest of your post !

Donkeyman! 😁😁

Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top