Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 06:30 PM

Ex-paratrooper attempts record jump from helicopter without parachute

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-54696016

A former paratrooper has attempted a new world record for jumping from an aircraft into water without a parachute. John Bream, 34, nicknamed "the Flying Fish", dropped about 130ft (40m) from a helicopter off Hayling Island on the Hampshire coast. He was raising money for mental health charities for services personnel.

The former member of the Parachute Regiment from Havant, Hampshire, fell about four seconds before hitting the Solent at about 80mph (130km/h). Divers who reached Mr Bream after the jump said he had landed awkwardly and was briefly unconscious after hitting his head.
If he wasn't "mental" beforehand, he probably is now, after sustaining a head injury .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 07:15 PM

Re: Ex-paratrooper attempts record jump from helicopter without parachute

What a crazy thing to do!
I once fell off water skis at 30mph - and had a huge bruise across my stomach for weeks - so I hate to think what may be happening inside his head!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:22 PM

It's been done before but from a mountain, mad!

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:44 PM

Why? Just why?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What a crazy thing to do!
I once fell off water skis at 30mph - and had a huge bruise across my stomach for weeks - so I hate to think what may be happening inside his head!
Not a lot I suspect
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Why? Just why?

Yes, that about sums it up, Queenie.

I saw it on the news tea time and the chap said he was raising money for his old regiment I believe.

I wonder who pays for all the people - plus the helicopter - who have to attend incase of an emergency?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 01:37 AM

I've just revisited the link and there's a video onsite now - he literally drops like a stone .....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 11:04 AM

Yes I saw it . I guess it's about who did it the highest , fastest, the first . As mentioned the cost of helicopter and just in case emergency services . As LQ said Why ?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 11:06 AM

Did he forget it, or was he on a dare? Sure as hell wouldn't be me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes I saw it . I guess it's about who did it the highest , fastest, the first . As mentioned the cost of helicopter and just in case emergency services . As LQ said Why ?

I just think while these emergency workers are hanging about waiting for this chap to mess up, they are perhaps being kept from dealing with somebody in real need.

Why do some men have to be the first, the best, the fastest, the strongest, have the best car, etc etc?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top