Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:50 PM

Re: A REAL Reason to Avoid a Smart Meter

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
If you want a REAL reason for not having a smart meter installed, read this rather frightening article in today's Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bi...pensation.html

The headline reads: "Government mulls emergency measures that would see smart meters used to SWITCH OFF your electricity without warning or compensation" which I find very scary and straight out of George Orwell's 1984.
If they're concerned about the insufficiency of our existing electricity generating facilities, perhaps they should consider the far more responsible option of installing more electricity generating plants, preferably nuclear.

The Frogs have far more of these than we have, and presently sell their excess output to us. We should be able to generate our own for several reasons, including the possibility that our 'friends', the Frogs, might just decide to do the dirty on us and refuse to supply us with their electricity.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 04:14 PM

Not only that JBR, but the Germans are building more COAL-fired power stations!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 04:21 PM

The schwiena hunde?? Bet their using deutche coal as well??

Donkeymand! 😟😟😟
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 04:23 PM

Yes. They never stopped using coal.
So why did we?

Trendy ecology pressure groups.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-09-2020, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The schwiena hunde?? Bet their using deutche coal as well??
I hope you don't mind my mentioning that your German spelling is crap!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If they're concerned about the insufficiency of our existing electricity generating facilities, perhaps they should consider the far more responsible option of installing more electricity generating plants, preferably nuclear.

The Frogs have far more of these than we have, and presently sell their excess output to us. We should be able to generate our own for several reasons, including the possibility that our 'friends', the Frogs, might just decide to do the dirty on us and refuse to supply us with their electricity.
They should certainly set up more nuclear power plants and from what I have heard (from the ex extinction rebellion lady in favour of this), it's nowhere near as bad for the planet and they are finding ways to recycle waste).

But the other side of this is that we are being made more and more reliant on electricity with all this wireless, mobile tech obsession. Somehow we have lived on Earth for millions of years without the need for this and now it's somehow essential....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They should certainly set up more nuclear power plants and from what I have heard (from the ex extinction rebellion lady in favour of this), it's nowhere near as bad for the planet and they are finding ways to recycle waste).
One of the "problems" has been long time frame for nuclear. It just wasn't attractive for Parliamentary relatively short terms.

I think that should get better.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 08:54 PM

It's such a good idea to get everyone driving electric cars....NOT!

Thank God I drive a diesel motor and they can't turn that off so easily, especially since I've got a stash of diesel just in case....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-09-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

But the other side of this is that we are being made more and more reliant on electricity with all this wireless, mobile tech obsession. Somehow we have lived on Earth for millions of years without the need for this and now it's somehow essential....
So what's the problem with electricity use, especially if it is generated in non-environmentally damaging ways: nuclear, wind, tidal, etc?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So what's the problem with electricity use, especially if it is generated in non-environmentally damaging ways: nuclear, wind, tidal, etc?
Nuclear, non-environmentally damaging JB.....

I think the residents of Nagasaki and Hiroshima might give you an argument.....

Not to mention Chenobryl and Fukoyama.....

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top