Join for free
Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:48 PM

Re: Is it war??

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

War is not good, it is as simple as that.

Yes, the young will be the ones fighting it, but us oldies will suffer hugely as well.

We will not be bystanders.

War will not be the same as last time, much will be electronic, so no money, no food, no water supplies.

This will affect us oldies far more than it will affect the younger, fitter members of Society.
Sadly there are times when there is no alternative to war. Will it be restricted to cyber war? Not a snowballs chance in hell.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sadly there are times when there is no alternative to war. Will it be restricted to cyber war? Not a snowballs chance in hell.
Hi

Cyber war is what will destroy us oldies.

The UK has no anti ballistic missile capability, so we will just back down.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
There is a big difference between war and defence.
Exactly. One should ask oneself "who is the aggressor?"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Cyber war is what will destroy us oldies.

The UK has no anti ballistic missile capability, so we will just back down.
Neither have the Frogs.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:09 PM

The French have left Jersey, a man, in a very stern voice told them to go home...mind you...the French are not very clever are they? They picked a day when Boris and Co went to the polls...what an opportunity for the government to get a few more votes.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2054EDCB-14B1-407F-8989-8A044487D3C8.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	15447  
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
The French have left Jersey, a man, in a very stern voice told them to go home...mind you...the French are not very clever are they? They picked a day when Boris and Co went to the polls...what an opportunity for the government to get a few more votes.
makes you wonder how much this excursion has cost the French fishermen and how much trade they lost.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-05-2021, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Yes, of course they did.
As I said earlier, when someone stands up to them they scuttle off with their tails between their legs.

Actually, I'm pleased that Boris didn't back down, which I was worried he would do. After all, he has backed down regarding other things...
and perhaps there's more to come on offer from him yet.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, of course they did.
As I said earlier, when someone stands up to them they scuttle off with their tails between their legs.

Actually, I'm pleased that Boris didn't back down, which I was worried he would do. After all, he has backed down regarding other things...
I'm going to be extremely disappointed if this doesn't lead to war. I haven't been this excited in years.

I'm going to write to my MP and demand that some French ships are sunk today just on principle.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, of course they did.

We need to bear in mind as well that the French protest and go on strike all the time. I was talking to my French colleagues today and they were quite appalled at the behaviour of the French fishermen.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-05-2021, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We need to bear in mind as well that the French protest and go on strike all the time. I was talking to my French colleagues today and they were quite appalled at the behaviour of the French fishermen.
You mean there are some half-decent Frogs?
I was under the impression that the only good Frog is a dead Frog.

Actually, some good friends of ours have a cottage in the Loire Valley (which they can't get to right now!) but have told us how well they get on with their neighbours. They've had help with doing up the roof, for example, and rely on them to let them know if there are any problems with the property whilst they're here in the UK.

Yes, I'm sure - like everywhere else - there are good as well as bad in France...
well, except for Paris, of course.

Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top