Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:04 AM

Re: Welcome back Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I think its more a case of him being so passionate on his beliefs.
I watch a lot of docus and on the news last night 380 thousand migrants entered here last year - so when he was labelled a looney over the figures - he was in fact 'right'
mmm you're right he's passionate,Patsy. I was just disappointed at the nasty manipulations going on, just so typical of politicians at Westminster & one of the reasons ppl get so disillusioned with them. I don't know why he said he would resign in the first place - there was no need to. Then to pop back 3 days later really does not look good.
But, yep, we can't go on importing a population the size of Greater Manchester every year to our tiny crowded island and expect everything to be tickedy-boo. Why it is no-one but him can take this seriously is gobsmacking & a complete mystery to me. Cameron will be nibbling round the edges but he won't sort it either. About half of last year's intake came from outside the EU and he couldn't even control that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:13 AM

Well that's the reason I respect Farage - he states the truth of it whether some agree or not, he ploughs on and he certainly made an 'impact' on Cameron and Milliband
As for resigning - its no big deal is it, I'm sure he felt he'd had enough, how he coped those months I don't know but must have been exhausted at the end of it - the end for me would be getting so many votes that count for nothing .......
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
the end for me would be getting so many votes that count for nothing .......
I don't think they count for nothing. He ( & the rest at Westminster) can see how much grass root support he has just from the numbers and they have to take that seriously, it'll keep up the pressure.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:37 AM

Yes - good point Jodie
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by jodie ->
mmm you're right he's passionate,Patsy. I was just disappointed at the nasty manipulations going on, just so typical of politicians at Westminster & one of the reasons ppl get so disillusioned with them. I don't know why he said he would resign in the first place - there was no need to. Then to pop back 3 days later really does not look good.
But, yep, we can't go on importing a population the size of Greater Manchester every year to our tiny crowded island and expect everything to be tickedy-boo. Why it is no-one but him can take this seriously is gobsmacking & a complete mystery to me. Cameron will be nibbling round the edges but he won't sort it either. About half of last year's intake came from outside the EU and he couldn't even control that.
Popping back three days later didn't do Jesus any harm.....

Seriously though, I'm with you Jodie, with all the best will in the world, we can't go on accepting so many migrants every year. I love Britain's rich tapestry of different races that make Britain what it is today, but for every three hundred thousand decent immigrants who want to set up home and start a family life here [and there's nothing wrong with that] there will be on average, one hundred and fifty thousand children born to them. So the population increase is not just those entering the country. How many times does Nigel Farage have to point this out before other parties realise the implications of their actions.
jodie
UK

22-05-2015, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Popping back three days later didn't do Jesus any harm......
haha Farage compared to JC, even he would splutter into his beer with that one LOL

But can anyone get their heads round why no one apart from Farage has given a t%ss about this? I can see why Blair wanted it - loads of immigrants will then go on to vote Labour - but can't understand why Cameron didn't do better - was he seriously held back by the LibDems? Or did business want droves of cheap labour & give him a hard time on that front?

Well thanks to Farage at least we are able to talk about this now, we definitely could not even 5 years ago. I worked at the CAB and the girls in the office would discuss immigration only to their trusted colleagues and in whispers, then shut up the second a manager walked in the room. It was like living in Mao's China, with denunciations just a careless word away.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top