Join for free
Page 47 of 63 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 > Last »
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

25-07-2015, 12:37 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

Ted 2; deliciously offensive and at times, especially the uncut version, cringe inducingly offensive. Funny as hell, a must watch.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 11:18 PM

Jurassic World 2015

I know I'm getting on a bit but hell I'm still a daft silly kid at heart that loves animation and so on but this film? An insult to anyone with a brain. The characters were so clichéd and so plain daft in their actions it really made me want to hide my head in shame for whoever allowed such cringe worthy sets and scenes to exist in this day and age. I found it just incredibly embarrassing. No-one would behave as these people did. It was just awful.

Now for the good parts?

Eh, in my estimation there were none. Oh, wait there is something good I have thought of and that is I need to spend less time watching such crap and try and find some other form of constructive entertainment.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2015, 04:41 AM

"Jessabelle " excellent horror movie with delicious twist at the end!
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

27-07-2015, 05:25 PM

Strangerland; Starring Joseph Fiennes and Nicole Kidman. A beautifully shot Aussie flic making dramatic use of outback landscapes. Not to be watched if feeling blue!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2015, 06:03 PM

i love Japan and their films - I get to see the countryside, culture, history and a good story. Tonight I watched "Departures' - 2008 which won the Foreign Language Oscar and starred former pop star Masahiro Motoki who plays Daigo a struggling cellist who starts working as an undertaker. The beautiful controlled screenplay features some delightful droll humor. Would recommend
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:00 PM

"Testament of Youth" - brilliant. I read the book decades ago & the film brought back exactly the same emotions so it must be a pretty true interpretation.
Vera Brittain was Shirley Williams mother.. lost her brother, fiancee & friends, all in their teens & twenties during WW1, she gave up studies in Oxford to volunteer as a nurse; the trauma & loss led her to write this account of what happened. She became a pacifist & a big supporter of the League of Nations which became the UN.
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:04 PM

"The Great Gatsby" ick.. way to much style over substance in that movie. But maybe that's the point Hemingway was making .. ha , clever
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:05 PM

Watched Fairy Tale the other night. It's a magical film & available in Tesco at present for £4. It's a bargain.
The story of the two girls who took photo's of fairies in their back garden.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 03:46 PM

Scooby-Doo! And Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery (2015)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4717798/

Originally Posted by IMDB
Storyline

Get ready to Rock! Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. Gang team up with the one and only KISS in this all-new, out-of-this-world adventure! We join the Gang at Kiss World - the all-things-Kiss theme park, as they investigate a series of strange hauntings. With help from Kiss, they discover that the Crimson Witch has returned to summon The Destroyer from the alternate dimension of Kissteria! The evil duos ghastly plan, to destroy the earth! Can the Gang's cunning and Kiss's power of rock save the day?! Tune in to this Rock and Roll Mystery for some thunderous, heavy FUN!
Good fun and great music to boot .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

10-08-2015, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
i love Japan and their films - I get to see the countryside, culture, history and a good story. Tonight I watched "Departures' - 2008 which won the Foreign Language Oscar and starred former pop star Masahiro Motoki who plays Daigo a struggling cellist who starts working as an undertaker. The beautiful controlled screenplay features some delightful droll humor. Would recommend
I'm also a big fan of Jap films, anime etc so I'm going to have a crack at this 'Departures'.

Page 47 of 63 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top