Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 11:26 AM

irrational fear

Recently I led a walk with some work colleagues. We had to walk over a bridge which went across a busy road. One of my friends was shaking like a leaf and I had to help her across. She has a fear of bridges. I really felt for her. Funny how we can all have our own irrational fears.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 11:34 AM

Re: irrational fear

I can't say I have any irrational fears ,but know of a few that does one common one fear of lifts , they have to walk up the stairs
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
I can't say I have any irrational fears ,but know of a few that does one common one fear of lifts , they have to walk up the stairs
Yes Markey, we have lifts at work and a couple of my colleagues won't go in them. I don't mind them, but would hate to get stuck in one
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 11:57 AM

I have a fear of people, apparently ...

Social anxiety disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety_disorder

Lots of other brain-box problems are there for all to see too but even so I like being me. Always amazes me what my brain is capable of. My own brain is fascinating entertainment to me. I have to take the rough with the smooth though as there is a great deal of pain and confusion to cope with.

Brains is awesome .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

17-05-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I have a fear of people, apparently ...

Social anxiety disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety_disorder

Lots of other brain-box problems are there for all to see too but even so I like being me. Always amazes me what my brain is capable of. My own brain is fascinating entertainment to me. I have to take the rough with the smooth though as there is a great deal of pain and confusion to cope with.

Brains is awesome .
Social anxiety disorder is very common. You're not alone MKJ.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:33 PM

One should always speak out about one's disabilities as it solicits sympathy. In other words you become vastly more attractive to the opposite sex.

Another pearl given freely.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
One should always speak out about one's disabilities as it solicits sympathy. In other words you become vastly more attractive to the opposite sex.

Another pearl given freely.
I disagree entirely
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I disagree entirely
One is entitled to one's opinion however misguided it undoubtedly is.

Life can be a bitter pill to swallow and can leave you ... wait forrit ... bitter.

Your go ...
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:51 PM

i to get anxiety it comes and go -mostly when i get worried,the brain switches it on like a switch ''its not a panic attack -heart pulpertations,,then they ease away ...moving house has given me a few lately ....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2015, 12:53 PM

Sorry Mark, can't play. Internet connection impossible

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top