Join for free
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:09 PM

Life in Squares

Anyone watching this? I'm loving it! taking me straight back to London circa 1969 - they were 50 years ahead of their time, free lovin' all over the place It was just a lot gloomier & colder back in 1910
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:33 PM

Re: Life in Squares

I saw some of it but the sound wasn't on so no idea what it was about. They did seem to be having a good time though
It's had terrible reviews though.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 08:24 AM

I found it so riveting I fell asleep half way through the first episode, and havn't bothered since.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 10:46 AM

I’m in a different situation. I must have read lots of books about the Bloomsbury Group. So I already know about the people being portrayed. I find it mildly interesting. It must seem quite confusing to people who haven’t come across these people before.

From the series who could have imagined that the chap with the big moustache was Maynard Keynes the most influential economist in the twentieth century? Or that Virginia was Virginia Wolf a world famous novelist. Others such as Duncan Grant, Clive Bell and Leonard Wolf were quite famous as well.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top