Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 06:52 PM

Re: Best thing about being an expat?

Best thing about being an expat?

... living in the country you choose to live in, rather than the country you were born in to.

You'll never know 'till you try it.
VictoriaG
Andalucia, Spain
VictoriaG is female 

11-07-2020, 09:51 AM

Ditto. What a life!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 10:59 AM

Just as a matter of interest what happens to the British living in continental Europe in 2021? Do they become citizens of the country they are living in?

I have asked this in the Brexit forum but they are too busy going over the same old ground and burbling on about fishing rights ad nauseum.

Better to ask the people actually living in Spain, France etc, what arrangements have been made?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 11:13 AM

I have family living in Spain and had checked to see what happens to them following Brexit. The following links are I believe the official versions and do seem to give the information required:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-europe

https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...e-after-brexit
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I have family living in Spain and had checked to see what happens to them following Brexit. The following links are I believe the official versions but do seem to give the information required:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-europe

https://www.instituteforgovernment.o...e-after-brexit
Thanks for that, very interesting.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Just as a matter of interest what happens to the British living in continental Europe in 2021? Do they become citizens of the country they are living in?

I have asked this in the Brexit forum but they are too busy going over the same old ground and burbling on about fishing rights ad nauseum.

Better to ask the people actually living in Spain, France etc, what arrangements have been made?
Surely if they feel strongly abou it Brucy, they only have to take
out citizenship dont they??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

18-07-2020, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Surely if they feel strongly abou it Brucy, they only have to take
out citizenship dont they??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Oh dear Assman, it is obvious that you have no idea about some of the requirements for taking out citizenship. There is no "only" about it.
Starlight7
New Member!
Melbourne, Australia
Starlight7 is female 

03-02-2021, 11:48 PM

The uk doesn’t do much for us Australians who were born in the uk. Frozen pensions and not exactly welcoming at the airports. Questions about how long you intend staying in God’s own etc. We won’t be going over there again now ,it is too far though we enjoyed our stay just before The Plague started.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Oh dear Assman, it is obvious that you have no idea about some of the requirements for taking out citizenship. There is no "only" about it.
I did it in one day Brucy ?
Nothing to it

Donkeyman! 😃😃
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 12:04 PM

I'm not an expat (yet) but I think the best thing must be hearing about all the crap that goes on in the World in a foreign language so you can't understand a word of it.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top