Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 02:23 PM

Re: New guitar day !

Wow! I've heard good things about Suhr Guitars, but they are way out of my price range! My most expensive guitar cost about 20% of one of those!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What I fine guitar that is.
Do you play guitar and if so how long have you been playing?
I bought my husband an acoustic guitar about 15 years ago.
It was a surprise and he sure was surprised.
Hi Bratti,

I've been playing about 30 years but seriously for about 15. I play in an 80s touring function band so this is a great addition.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I always thought you seemed 'Highly Strung' Bread......

Wait a minute.......'Bread?' You aren't David Gates Are you?
No.

Sorry to disappoint ...
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It's a Suhr Classic T Deluxe.

My favourite guitar and a dream to play
Definitely something to enjoy under the fingers and I presume it has wilco's compensated bridge saddles, so long may your dream play on :thumnup:
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-11-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Definitely something to enjoy under the fingers and I presume it has wilco's compensated bridge saddles, so long may your dream play on :thumnup:

Sure does LD
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 05:49 PM

No.

Sorry to disappoint ...
You're probably just as good Bread....
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 06:16 PM

What a thoughtful (and much appreciated) gift - enjoy!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 07:04 PM

Hi Bratti,

I've been playing about 30 years but seriously for about 15. I play in an 80s touring function band so this is a great addition.
Isn't it great when you get to play a proper well made guitar. As Jimmy Page was saying on the radio the other day, 'If you had a Les Paul and a Marshall amp, you were half way to being famous.'
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Isn't it great when you get to play a proper well made guitar. As Jimmy Page was saying on the radio the other day, 'If you had a Les Paul and a Marshall amp, you were half way to being famous.'
I have the same Marshall Valvestate 100 that I've had for nearly 25 years. It's only small in size but it has a 12" driver and a kick like a mule when required. In the last 40 years I haven't played a gig where I've needed anything else apart from an extension box maybe.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I have the same Marshall Valvestate 100 that I've had for nearly 25 years. It's only small in size but it has a 12" driver and a kick like a mule when required. In the last 40 years I haven't played a gig where I've needed anything else apart from an extension box maybe.
I can't remember exactly which model I had except that it was a 100w and separate from the speaker. I agree though, they produce a great crisp sound.

I'm getting broody.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top