Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 09:32 PM

Re: One Today

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Aww that 'ickle face!
Happy belated Birthday to Murtagh x
Thanks Rhian

I gave him a cwtch from you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Rox. Strange but I got an email from the groomers this morning saying we can book him in again in ten days time so would rather let the professionals do it if possible. thanks for the advice though.

Dongle, I took young Gertie back to my groomer today.
She works from her home, not a shop.

She has a big pen at the side of her house, and I just knock her door to let her know we have arrived, then I put Gertie in the pen after taking her collar and lead off, then Tracy takes her out from a gate on her side. Job done.

As you know, I can do them myself, but like Roxy said, not with the same perfect professional finish that Tracy gets.

I also agree with Roxy about bathing, drying and brushing them first, as dirty hair blunts the blades qucker.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 10:39 PM

Regarding clippers, l used Aesculap Favorita professional clippers on my poodle when he was alive. They are expensive but worth it.

Andis that Roxy uses, are great too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dongle, I took young Gertie back to my groomer today.
She works from her home, not a shop.

She has a big pen at the side of her house, and I just knock her door to let her know we have arrived, then I put Gertie in the pen after taking her collar and lead off, then Tracy takes her out from a gate on her side. Job done.
Yes Mups, that's exactly what we will have to do on the day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-05-2020, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Regarding clippers, l used Aesculap Favorita professional clippers on my poodle when he was alive. They are expensive but worth it.

Andis that Roxy uses, are great too.
Thanks art. I reckon I could do a pretty good job (I'm good with my hands you know ) but it's keeping the little monkey still that's the problem. At least the groomers have the equipment.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top