Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:16 PM

Bees!

I have had to evict 6 of them from my kitchen so far this morning. I have no idea how they are finding their way in and am worried they may be nesting somewhere in the house. Do bees do that? Do they do any damage if left alone?

I love bees and would never hurt one - but there is a danger the cats may be stung as they seem to think the bees are new cat toys.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:24 PM

Re: Bees!

I don't think would cats would would harm the bees.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:30 PM

Tabby I frequently get bees in my house, but I often have the door open when the weather is nice. I know wasps build nests in houses, if they can find a quiet spot, so I can see no reason why bees wouldn't!
Look it up on the internet and see what you can find out, because i suspect a bee sting could cause serious problems if it was to sting your cat's mouths.
Good luck!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Tabby I frequently get bees in my house, but I often have the door open when the weather is nice. I know wasps build nests in houses, if they can find a quiet spot, so I can see no reason why bees wouldn't!
Look it up on the internet and see what you can find out, because i suspect a bee sting could cause serious problems if it was to sting your cat's mouths.
Good luck!

Last summer my next door neighbour had bees flying in and out the airbrick in his wall Twink, so they certainly will nest in houses. They were all coming in my bedroom window!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Last summer my next door neighbour had bees flying in and out the airbrick in his wall Twink, so they certainly will nest in houses. They were all coming in my bedroom window!
I just looked it up on the internet and they tell me do make nests in houses ( they probably take a swarm to the loft so that is the best place to look). This usually happens in the spring or early summer.....so if you see any more Tabby it may be best to get somebody who knows more about this to check.
They can be dangerous to people and pets, so keep your eye on the cats!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:46 PM

Maybe they are using your kitchen as a BP station
DelBoy
DelBoy is male 

09-06-2020, 02:29 PM

I've been stung twice on the neck by bees, so now I'm very wary of them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by DelBoy ->
I've been stung twice on the neck by bees, so now I'm very wary of them.
You need to bee doubly careful then

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top