Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 10:06 AM

Re: Jubilee Overkill

I love it all! I think the children will remember it as much as I remember the Coronation! First time I ever saw TV up here - our church hired in tvs and we kids all sat at the front of the church watching the Coronation. That's something that I remember well from my childhood. It is good for the kids to see - history in their future!

I was so sorry for all yesterday with all the rain that fell when the boats were on the river. The Queen obviously enjoying herself though. Loved the program "All the Queen's Horses" at night!

Good for business in the UK!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 10:16 AM

The whole world will have it's eyes on the celebrations. And our Queen, as usual, has conducted herself in an exemplary manner.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I have watched some coverage of the Thames flotilla and I must say I enjoyed the first half hour but that was enough. Though I saw the end with the London Philharmonic I do feel sorry for the Queen, she must be frozen poor dear. It is pouring with rain and breezy, bet she is looking forward to a cup of tea and a sit down, after all she is 85 and the Duke is 91.
I felt so sorry for the poor Queen standing all that time in the wind and rain . I think someone should have insisted she sat down and had a rug wrapped around her.

I went out for a half hour walk with Chloe and came back cold and wet. I couldn't have stuck it for all the time the Queen did. She could have got hypothermia..

The Pagent was lovely but I found some of the commentators banal ....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 11:11 AM

I agree it is overkill. Fine to celebrate for a day to show respect for what she has done, but how much money has been spent on all this? I'm not a royalist, nor an anti-royalist, but in the current economic climate I think this is way over the top.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 12:30 PM

your not Alone Mollie
poppycock
hampshire England
poppycock is female  poppycock has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 02:28 PM

she deserves for the commonwealth to celebrate what a great Queen she is, I am so proud to be British and so proud of our wonderful Queen
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-06-2012, 03:05 PM

We watched the event on the Thames yesterday, which was interesting, but that is the extent of my interest in the jubilee. I am all for the Monarchy, the present monarch will be a hard act to follow, though.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 07:33 PM

Poor old Prince Phillip has been taken to hospital for a bladder infection, how painfull must that have been standing there all that time yesterday, he could hardly keep popping off to the loo and he's 91, think they both deserve a Jubilee celebration for the hard work they put in.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Poor old Prince Phillip has been taken to hospital for a bladder infection, how painfull must that have been standing there all that time yesterday, he could hardly keep popping off to the loo and he's 91, think they both deserve a Jubilee celebration for the hard work they put in.
The old boy seemed in good spirits yesterday. It can't be good at his age having to go for so long without having to relieve himself.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2012, 08:55 PM

I felt for the Queen yesterday, 4 hours stood up is hard for most people, let alone somebody of her age. I do hope Prince Philip will be alright.

I watched all the queens horses last night. It really annoyed me, The way they filmed it. I was looking forward to seeing the horses doing the dressage. Most of the shots were of the horses heads and legs, or the singers. I thought the filming was poor.

Queen seemed to enjoy it. I bet it looked good if you was at the show.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top