Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 05:11 AM

Happy Saturday Folk.

A very good morning to one and all. This photo was taken in Jersey a few years ago. I saw these two plants growing in a stone wall and liked the various textures. Yesterday was another day of almost non-stop rain so I spent much of the day researching for a DIY holiday in the Hartz mountains for next year
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 06:54 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

Glub,glubglub glub, glub, glub, thats good morning Alan and everyone else from under water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbL530kanTU

It has not stopped raining, nay persistantly raining, since yesterday morning, Mother natures creatures are trying to fly around in sou'westers and wellies and as for the farmyard creatures, they look thoroughly misearable, the Peacock looks more like a drowned rat.

Nothing much planned for today except a trip to B&Q for some materials to make a new Drawing board for myself, then spending the afternoon making it.

Coniston Old Man

Have a great day everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE-EF...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 08:54 AM

Good morning to you all.

It's finally stopped raining here for a while but more is forecast later...something to do with the jet stream being in the wrong place apparently, beats me why they keep moving it....

Mrs PM is into town for some RT this morning and I'm going over to my Mum's to do a spot of garden tidying for her while it's fine.

Enjoy your day folks if you can...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 09:34 AM

Crinan Canal - reflections

Good Morning Folk Sunny start to the day early on this morning and lasted up until 10 mins ago but now has gone cloudy, but not cold and not even a breeze outside!

Hope the stormy weather down south eases up and all the rain stops down your way! It is usually up here that gets that weather - all topsy turvy now!!

Whatever the weather, I hope you all enjoy your Saturday.

Take care and stay safe

Lovely photos and love those links, Bob, many thanks for sharing.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 11:45 AM

thats a lovley phto Alan
this morring it throwing it down
good thing i bought a new brolly in the week
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 12:26 PM

Hello fellow members the sun is showing its face at last and it's quite a pleasant day so far but unfortunately the rain is returning again tomorrow

I put the washing out first thing so hopefully it will be dry by this afternoon ..... I hate wet washing hanging about indoors.

Loved the Emile Ford link, Bob ...... he was one of my favourites years ago

Have a pleasant weekend everyone!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 01:26 PM

'afternoon Alan and all above

Sunny with a light breeze here today, very pleasant. Have done some chores for OH this morning and now I'm off to build up our supply of wood for the winter, better to do it now than wait 'till it's cold and wet and we're down to our last log

Have a good day all of you out there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 01:28 PM

Good afternoon all fine at last after a week of rain .I am racing to get the lawns mown and the garden tidy before the next lot arrives I swear the weeds have grown a foot in seven days

Back to it, have an enjoyable day everyone
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Hello everybody.... dare I say it..its actually not raining and the sun is shining. Its rained so much over the last two days that the bottom of my driveway is flooded which only usually happens in the winter.

Have got some washing in the machine and hopefully it will get dry.

Have been into Carlisle first thing for work and afterwards got my groceries which I didn't do yesterday in the end. I was surprised at how quiet it was in Tesco's.

Nothing special planned for rest of day but if possible I would like to cut the grass if it dries up enough.

Lovely photos again everybody, I love looking at them. AB I meant to ask you a few days ago what fell was that you posted earlier in the week please?

Enjoy the rest of the day folks
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 01:42 PM

Good afternoon all, the rain has stopped but lots of clouds about, I dont think we're finished with it yet. I thought I'd say hello to you before the two boys get down to me for the weekend, I wont get a look in then.
Have a nice time Folks.

Karlstein Castle, Czech Republic. I'm in the little pub on the right and my dog Bengi is outside, he's in the photo but you can't see him as he's relieving himself behind the lamp post in the centre.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top