Join for free
Kaymchaffie
New Member!
SOUTH YORKSHIRE UK
Kaymchaffie is female 

10-06-2012, 12:40 PM

What a BIG surprise!!!

Singer Gary Barlow has landed a top award in the Queen's upcoming Birthday Honours List, according to reports.

The Take That star has been heavily involved with the monarch's Diamond Jubilee celebrations this year, writing a commemorative song and organising a celebratory pop concert, which took place in London on Monday.

The Queen is now preparing to thank Barlow for his efforts by handing him an OBE, according to The Sun.

A source tells the publication, "The Queen was delighted with Gary Barlow's brilliant work and dedication. She made it clear he should be rewarded at the first available opportunity.

"Mr. Barlow was told of Her Majesty's offer a few weeks ago. He was quite surprised, but he has accepted it.";
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 04:11 PM

Re: What a BIG surprise!!!

The Queen is now preparing to thank Barlow for his efforts by handing him an OBE, according to The Sun.
...not sure I would take the word of 'The Sun' Kay

We will see...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 04:30 PM

Re: What a BIG surprise!!!

Blimey thought I would never get back on here again.I have been trying to sort it out(Not easy when you know nothing about it) hope I will have done it now.We shall see!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top