Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 10:08 AM

Re: New fangled devices.

Bob, do you "Gal-vanise" the wife, to fetch the Tin Bath.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 10:13 AM

Tell me, what is wrong with our tin bath in front of the woodburner. It only takes barb about 20 minutes to heat the water and fill it with a saucepan. I always let her get in it first because it's only polite and I am dirtier than her.
Bob the only problem is if there are a lot of people in the house and you are last in line to use the water. Not much fun getting into grey water with soap scum on the top
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
It is true, I have spoilt my wife. Last christmas I bought her a lovely vacuum cleaner, you should have seen her face when she opened it. She was so surprised she went quiet and walked into the kitchen. I know it was a bit extravagant of me but who cares.
Last week she came home excited about something she saw at a neighbours house. She said there was some sort of little room with a glass door installed in this womens bathroom. It appears there was a plastic box on the wall with two small controls. There is a thick electrical cable and a water pipe going into the box and another flexible pipe coming out to a water sprinkler screwed to the wall quite high up.
The idea is you take all your clothes off, open the glass door and stand under the water sprinkler. Then you turn one of the controls clockwise and warm water pours over you from the sprinkler above. Well I cannot see this idea catching on. It must use lots of electricity and what about all the water that runs down the drain at your feet. I don't go with these new fangled devices.
Tell me, what is wrong with our tin bath in front of the woodburner. It only takes barb about 20 minutes to heat the water and fill it with a saucepan. I always let her get in it first because it's only polite and I am dirtier than her. When we have both finished she bales it out fairly quickly with a small bucket and I always hang the bath back up in the shed outside on a long nail for her.
Women a suckers for new ideas !
I made a big mistake, I bought her a hot water bottle, and she had the audacity to move me to the front room.
Careful what you buy them, I agree.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Bob, do you "Gal-vanise" the wife, to fetch the Tin Bath.
No spitfire, I actually carry it in for her all the way from the shed, up the stairs to a location in front of the woodburner,all that she has to is chop a bit of wood, bring in a sack of logs, clean the stove glass and light the woodburner up. O, she chivers a bit laying on the floor naked but I tell her " its character building " Well if she wants to go first with the clean water then she must make this small contribution. It's hard carrying that bath.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bob the only problem is if there are a lot of people in the house and you are last in line to use the water. Not much fun getting into grey water with soap scum on the top
No real problems there Meg, I use her kitchen sieve to lift off all that scum then send barb out into the kitchen to heat up another saucepan full of hot water.
Grey isn't a bad colour it blends in with the bath colour, you just can't see the bottom, a bit worrying!
Never mind at least it makes you look decent when neighbours come through to borrow a cup of sugar or sit down for a chat by our woodburner.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 07:31 PM

you have not seen our "TARDIS"shower unit we inherited then

yes even a built in radio
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

31-01-2015, 11:16 PM

O, for goodness sake, don't show barb that, I'll never hear the end of it. Come on mate, give me a break !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 11:18 PM

I do like that.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 09:55 AM

I did buy my ex wife the latest iRon for her birthday once, she liked the latest technology too.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

01-02-2015, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I did buy my ex wife the latest iRon for her birthday once, she liked the latest technology too.
I think that was very thoughtful of you sir.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top