Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:16 PM

Re: Pies

Any-one remember the restaurants that sold Tripe and Onions..... oh I love tripe and onions and tripe by itself, not sure if I could eat it now, infact not eating much at all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:20 PM

I know it sounds strange if I have never tried it but I hate tripe and onions! The look of it puts me right off ....... and as for chitterling ...
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:36 PM

Tripe is dog food as far as I am concerned. Horrid stuff for humans - yuck
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Tripe is dog food as far as I am concerned. Horrid stuff for humans - yuck
I couldn't eat tripe if I was starving , or brains.
When I was a little girl I went to a friends house for tea and they were having calves brains on toast I had an instant stomach ache followed by a rapid departure.

I am sure manufactured pies contain lots of bits of animals I would prefer not to eat.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 08:45 PM

We've got Birchalls Pies in St Helens. They are a Pork Butchers who make their own pies. Most people take a Plastic tub to carry the pies home in as there is so much juice in them when they are still warm.. They still have queues outside for the pies Mmmmmm! I used to work in Yates Greer many moons ago & their pies are lovely as well. We're nearly as well known as Wigan for being Pie eaters
Its ages since I had one though. I'm not keen on Greggs or Galloways ones though. It Birchalls every time
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 09:01 PM

If I make my own pasties, I also use short-crust.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I couldn't eat tripe if I was starving , or brains.
When I was a little girl I went to a friends house for tea and they were having calves brains on toast I had an instant stomach ache followed by a rapid departure.

I am sure manufactured pies contain lots of bits of animals I would prefer not to eat.
That's my thinking as well, Meg, similarly with the cheaper sausages ...... all sorts of bits and pieces go into them

Just after I was married, I visited my MIL and she made some sandwiches ..... little did I know at the time that the filling was tongue! Ugh! it was horrible, I discretely deposited my mouthful in my handkerchief and politely said I wasn't very hungry
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Just after I was married, I visited my MIL and she made some sandwiches ..... little did I know at the time that the filling was tongue! Ugh! it was horrible, I discretely deposited my mouthful in my handkerchief and politely said I wasn't very hungry
I love Tongue I get some every week for sandwiches. Preferably Ox
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 11:38 PM

Got quite a few pie shops here as well, and a 'Pound Bakery' has just opened....2 pies for a £1!!! Never tried them myself, but apparently they are very good. Not often I'll have a pie, but when my Brother comes up to visit, he always calls at my local Halls Bakery and brings me a 'Butter Pie' (just potato) for dinner....enjoy it as a one off....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2011, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Any-one remember the restaurants that sold Tripe and Onions..... oh I love tripe and onions and tripe by itself, not sure if I could eat it now, infact not eating much at all.
I love tripe with vinegar and bit of pepper on Sadly, there is nowhere sells it here now....

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
I love Tongue I get some every week for sandwiches. Preferably Ox
Will be buying some Ox Tongue tomorrow Lynne55....enjoy it on a sandwich-quite tasty

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top