Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Re: General Election 2017: Where next?

Hi

Only one solution for this.

Another Election, but this time with only the Tory Votes counted.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The main item on the agenda is Brexit, to which I believe there is already some sort of consensus with Labour. My main objective now would be find as much common ground with Labour as possible to get a reasonable Brexit deal, with the proviso that another general election would be held immediately after a deal is done with the EU.

At such an important time for the country as this, all partisan party considerations should be shelved and agreements found in the national interest. Article 50 has been triggered and the clock is ticking. This matter is paramount and there is no going back, future generations will all suffer and never forgive us if we don't get this right.
I agree Barry and if Labour who have said the will of the people who voted to leave in the referendum must be upheld they should comply .
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 03:54 PM

At such an important time for the country as this, all partisan party considerations should be shelved and agreements found in the national interest. Article 50 has been triggered and the clock is ticking. This matter is paramount and there is no going back, future generations will all suffer and never forgive us if we don't get this right.
Too late, you all got it wrong anyway.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

These two interviews are worth watching:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_...lines/40238445 (Full interview here)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_...alking-osborne
Azz I don't put any store by what either Corbyn the wolf in sheeps clothing and puppet of 'Momentum' (the new name for the Militant Tendency) or smarmy Osborne with his supercilious grin have to say .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Too late, you all got it wrong anyway.
The majority don't think so, both houses voted to trigger article 50, so whatever your personal feelings it's a done deal and we have to go forward with it and get the best deal we can by consensus. You can say "I told you so" as much as you like, but forward is now the only path, like it or not.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Azz I don't put any store by what either Corbyn the wolf in sheeps clothing and puppet of 'Momentum' (the new name for the Militant Tendency) or smarmy Osborne with his supercilious grin have to say .
I agree Meg, he couldn't have picked interviewees with more axe to grind than those two.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

11-06-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Really?!!
Anyway, their leader Arlene Foster looks really scary to me! She's got a hardcase face!!
...I think she is and the DUP the party of Paisley and the 'roaring hannas ' who bring religion, backward thinking , and misogyny into politics are not people I would want to get around a table with at a time of crisis.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 04:14 PM

This matter is paramount and there is no going back, future generations will all suffer and never forgive us if we don't get this right.
Perhaps we should honour what they actually wanted - most young people voted to remain.

The main item on the agenda is Brexit..
I don't think it is anymore - the biggest factor in why people voted for Corbyn is arguably, social justice, not Brexit (which was not at all the focus of Labour's campaign).

---------------

I guess we'll see soon enough

I think another GE next year is very likely - the DUP and Cons are at odds on so many issues, plus partnering with the DUP makes Irish Peace talks almost impossible.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 04:16 PM

I think folk had enough of austerity and the picking on the most vunerable, Brexit is going to happen anyway whichever party won.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Perhaps we should honour what they actually wanted - most young people voted to remain.

I don't think it is anymore - the biggest factor in why people voted for Corbyn is arguably, social justice, not Brexit (which was not at all the focus of Labour's campaign).

---------------

I guess we'll see soon enough

I think another GE next year is very likely - the DUP and Cons are at odds on so many issues, plus partnering with the DUP makes Irish Peace talks almost impossible.
Hi

Another General Election could well be another no win. even more chaos.

Social Justice is a fine thing Azz.

I have repeatedly said I do not mind paying more Tax or losing my Winter Fuel Allowance, I am not going to starve.

My issue is this, I can add up and Corbyn's Plans simply do not.

If I do pay more tax and lose my Winter Fuel Allowance, I want it to go to those who genuinely cannot work.

I want more money to go to Carers, those who choose to look after their family rather than dumping them on the NHS.

I want more money to go to Mental Health Services.

It is a complete disgrace that so many of our Ex Service Personnel are homeless or suffering miserably.

I have no objection at all to paying the Tuition Fees of Doctors, Nurses, Engineers, any one where we have a skills shortage and they work for 5 years here in the UK.

I have every objection to paying the Tuition Fees for useless Degrees.

In particular I have a serious objection to paying Benefits to a fit active 22 year old who has a degree in a subject they will never get a job in locally but who refuses to move to get a job.

The problem is Corbyn would pay for everyone, with money we do not have, instead of targeting those in need.

The world does not owe you a living.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top