Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 01:40 PM

Re: Government & Humanity

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am somewhat cynical about Chilcott.
I am very cynical about Chilcott, I think it will be an exercise in back covering and spin . It will be interesting nevertheless to see how some people cope with answering some of the questions though .

It all depends upon the definition of Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Iraq had used Chemical Weapons in the war with Iran, so yes they had had them, if you interpret Weapons of Mass Destruction in it's broadest sense, which is all Nuclear, Chemical and Bacteriological Weapons.

They had used them against Iran, but the West, led by the USA did not kick off about that,because Iran at that time was seen as bigger baddie than Iraq
and on their own people, there is always the convenient blind eye to turn when it is if it is expedient so to do.

9/11 was naff all to do with Iraq, it was planned, financed and executed by Saudis, not Saddam.
nothing changes does it particularly when there are arms deals to be done. .
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 04:34 PM

Now, put yourself in the position of being questioned by the Politicians.
We already know the answers to those questions:

1). The U.S. lied (not been mislead) about WMD's in Irak.

2). Irak had no WMD's. Hans Blix's UN inspection team made a full report. It is a matter of record.

3). The U.S. claimed to know exactly where those fantasy WMD's were by way of satellite images. It was a lie.

4). The U.S. faked intercepted telephone conversations confirming that Irak had WMD's. It was faked.

5). The first UN inspection team was denied access because Saddam said the team was riddled with CIA agents. The U.S. denied this. Saddam stood firm. The UN looked into it and found that Saddam was right, it was chock-a-block with CIA agents.

6). The second team, lead by Hans Blix, was hand-picked from an international pool of qualified men and women and given a list of 12 sites (if memory serves me accurately) where the Americans claimed WMD's would be found. Saddam, now satisfied that there no CIA agents in the team, agreed to give them access to all 12 sites.

7). Eleven of the chosen sites were inspected and found to have no WMD's.

8). As the UN inspection team was about to inspect the 12thl and final site, the Americans told them to get out as they were going to begin bombing Irak at a specific hour.

9>. Blackwater. Halliburton. CIA-trained death squads, etc. All facts.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 05:11 PM

Hi

AO, it wasn't just the USA, we were complicit ourselves here in the UK.

Australia and Poland were also part of the invasion force.

In addition to the actual countries supplying troops, there was also widespread support from many other Countries, some of whom were publicly critical.

Your own Country, Sweden, was against the invasion publicly.

In private however they gave accurate and very valuable information about underground Iraqi Bunkers in Baghdad which allowed them to be targeted and destroyed.

They should know, they were built by Swedish Companies.

Whilst it was US led, they were not solely to blame.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 05:52 PM

..... Australia and Poland were also part of the invasion force......
To our shame !!!
But that's been going on here since Vietnam.
Successive Aus governments kow-towing to the USA.

The excuse is "Oh but if those Asian hordes to our north ever threaten us, we'll need the Yanks - so we better stay sweet with them"

I'd prefer we did the right thing, the moral thing, tell them to 'rack off' and take our chances !

Even parties who have waxed quite anti-American prior to elections here have very suddenly changed their tune within weeks of gaining office.

I suspect a few presidential phone calls, CIA visits or "diplomatic" chats have laid down the 'law'.
U.S. Dirty Tricks have deposed more than one democratically elected government.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 08:39 PM

AO, it wasn't just the USA, we were complicit ourselves here in the UK. Australia and Poland were also part of the invasion force.
That's odd. Why would you correct me without mentioning the Spanish, the Danes, and the 7 (or was it 9) Slovaks? We all know that you were duped by the Americans, so I honestly do not see your point.

Read my list of grievances again. Tell me, what nation is responsible for the lot.

Your own Country, Sweden, was against the invasion publicly.

In private however they gave accurate and very valuable information about underground Iraqi Bunkers in Baghdad ...
We also provided the proof (by way of Hans Blix) that Saddam had no WMD's.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2016, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
That's odd. Why would you correct me without mentioning the Spanish, the Danes, and the 7 (or was it 9) Slovaks? We all know that you were duped by the Americans, so I honestly do not see your point.

Read my list of grievances again. Tell me, what nation is responsible for the lot.

We also provided the proof (by way of Hans Blix) that Saddam had no WMD's.
Hi

I will repeat. the invasion force consisted of troops from 4 nations, no more, no less.

The others did not get involved until after the initial invasion was completed.

The UK was equally complicit in the decision.

Secondly, Hans Blix was not acting on behalf of the Swedish Government, he had been out of Swedish Politics for over 20 years.

He was acting on behalf of the UN, his nationality is irrelevant.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

20-03-2016, 09:41 PM

I guess you didn't read my OP all that well.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top