Join for free
Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 10:05 PM

Re: Racism

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
they don't "do" blasphemy.
I’ve just heard that some do blaspheme, which is an unforgivable sin.

So why do you think some of them are blaspheming ?

They obviously aren’t in fear of their God, because if they were they wouldn’t blaspheme him would they?

Sorry .some are willing to blaspheme, I miss read the post.

So why is that?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’ve just heard that some do blaspheme, which is an unforgivable sin.

So why do you think some of them are blaspheming ?

They obviously aren’t in fear of their God, because if they were they wouldn’t blaspheme him would they?

Sorry .some are willing to blaspheme, I miss read the post.

So why is that?
I suspect that they are more in fear of their religious leaders than they are of their god.

Which suggests that they are not particularly religious at all!

Which in turn suggests that religion is simply a means of controlling the masses!!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 10:12 PM

They obviously aren’t in fear of their God,
If that really is the case, they've just gone up considerably in my estimation. I fear it is probably not the case though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I suspect that they are more in fear of their religious leaders than they are of their god.

Which suggests that they are not particularly religious at all!

Which in turn suggests that religion is simply a means of controlling the masses!!

Which is your own opinion.

If they want to exterminate those who don’t believe like themselves, I would imagine many have come to their senses.by blaspheming...

Who in their right mind would want to exterminate those who don’t share the same beliefs.

To me that’s control not Love.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
And you will also understand that the vast majority of any faith/religion are more than happy to ignore the more extreme views of and interpretations propounded by the fanatical few.

If TAT was right, then there'd be huge swathes of muslims running amok around towns and cities killing huge numbers of non believers each and every day. But there aren't, so his fear mongering does seem to be based on a false premise.

Bringing things somewhat more directly back onto the thread subject matters, there will have been many millions of people who will have watched the football match and been disappointed with the loss of the game. Only a paltry few hundred thought it was worthy of throwing some racial abuse at some of the players. The media have made a huge storm in a tea-cup by overstating the importance of it all.
I hope you are right Dex, not just now but in the near future.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 11:42 PM

Qué pasó ? Were the football players who were racially abused Muslims?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Qué pasó ? Were the football players who were racially abused Muslims?
Tis true that the conversation had moved towards the outer perimeter of thread relevance before a couple of illegal steps across the border.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 09:50 AM

Which is your own opinion.

If they want to exterminate those who don’t believe like themselves, I would imagine many have come to their senses.by blaspheming...

Who in their right mind would want to exterminate those who don’t share the same beliefs.

To me that’s control not Love.
Pauline, to contradict what is written in the 'orrible qur'an or witnessed in strong hadith is blasphemous.

For people who do not accept what mohammed claims to have been told unless living under an ALWAYS temporary treaty there are only two options. For "people of the book (Christians or Jews) they are tolerated if they follow the sharia, remain subjugated under mohammadans, and pay the Poor Tax. Other than "people of the book" the choice is stark. Convert - or die.

That REALLY IS how it works.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
And you will also understand that the vast majority of any faith/religion are more than happy to ignore the more extreme views of and interpretations propounded by the fanatical few.

If TAT was right, then there'd be huge swathes of muslims running amok around towns and cities killing huge numbers of non believers each and every day. But there aren't, so his fear mongering does seem to be based on a false premise.

Bringing things somewhat more directly back onto the thread subject matters, there will have been many millions of people who will have watched the football match and been disappointed with the loss of the game. Only a paltry few hundred thought it was worthy of throwing some racial abuse at some of the players. The media have made a huge storm in a tea-cup by overstating the importance of it all.
may be not HUGE swathes but some are running amok out for the blood of non believers or ones who mock their God, just have to look at how that poor teacher and his family had to go into hiding at that school near me. He couldn't come back to teach in that school for fear of his life, all just for doing his job!

There is a terrible air of unrest in my area and it;s not easy living round here, I would move but I can't as I have my Dad here.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
may be not HUGE swathes but some are running amok out for the blood of non believers or ones who mock their God, just have to look at how that poor teacher and his family had to go into hiding at that school near me. He couldn't come back to teach in that school for fear of his life, all just for doing his job!

There is a terrible air of unrest in my area and it;s not easy living round here, I would move but I can't as I have my Dad here.
And being supported by a very great many more.

Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top