Join for free
Page 310 of 370 « First < 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 08:28 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Brilliant work Tachyon, you are all leaving me behind......

Just wait until I get back home......

Incidentally, I've just completed thirty ....Yes Thirty laps (approximately five miles'ish) Around the deck with the last lap a blistering 1 minute and 36 seconds...Normally 2 minutes..... The last run in the 'Foxy at sea' series....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 09:11 AM

Heck, OGF, that's great, especially when you are quite rightly having some holiday treats! They'd have to roll me along the deck like a beach ball after the treats I'd have had. I hope you and Mrs. OGF have had a wonderful and memorable holiday.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 02:11 AM

That's a phenomenal addition of weights, Tachyon. I sure hope you are letting yourself recover after such a session. Bravo!

Well, OGF, we knew you were out there running ovals somewhere on a northern sea . Does your watch enable you to map out your laps? If so, it's one worthy of printing. You have heard me mention before that my favorite running results show up as closely overlapping ovals on the Caribbean. Nice job with thirty! I'm sure it's breezy and heavenly.

I am a broken record talking about the heat, but wow, it's HOT.
Even at seven this evening, we had heat indexes above 38ºC. Good conditioning for roaming around Italy for a month or so.

There is a softball tournament going on (a lot like American baseball with a larger balls which are pitched underhand) that has brought 2,000 girls with braids and cleats for a regional championship. They are fit, fast - and loud! It's all great fun though and watching the anxious parents, bored siblings, and proud grandparents cheer on their girls is pure entertainment.

OGF, if you ask me what my pace is, I think I will cry . Did it, though! Five miles.

Summer is the best.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's a phenomenal addition of weights, Tachyon. I sure hope you are letting yourself recover after such a session. Bravo!
I did indeed rest yesterday and plan on hitting the gym this afternoon. My legs were a little stiff which was to be expected, but I feel great today! I was trying to post a thumbnail of my gym app results when I posted on Wednesday, but seem to have forgotten how to do it. Rather than post a pic I have put a link in, instead. I think I'll frame it, because I might not ever do such a good workout again!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/goxrlc20it...INING.jpg?dl=0

I love the idea of OGF's cruise run appearing on a map in the middle of the sea, by the way. Think of the confusion that would cause when people saw it, lol.

I think you have amazing willpower and fortitude running 5 miles in such hot weather. Even if I was able to run I'd be no use at all in the heat as I prefer cool, even a bit misty, weather.

The softball tournament sounds similar to Saturday afternoons when I go to the gym, as there are 6 outdoor ball courts given over to girls and young women playing netball in some sort of league. They look a lot fitter and more active than a lot of their parents I have to say! It's them setting their parents a good example rather than the other way around!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:21 AM

A well-deserved rest, indeed, Tachyon! Yay! You trained like an athlete! Very nice graphics. I would imagine that seeing those numbers add another layer of motivation. Your observations about the children and their parents are very similar to what I see here. I am also surprised at how many parents are smoking while their kids are out there competing. I really do think that the next couple of generations will be generally more fit than their parents - if they develop better eating habits.

I had another late day of running, but the best thing of all was that a nice little surprise groundswell appeared this afternoon so my daughter and I surfed, and surfed, and surfed.

Talk about sore legs . If you don't hear from me tomorrow send a crane to hoist me out of bed .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:30 AM

Thanks Tachyon and Surfermom (Where's Floydy?)
Unfortunately I don't possess a 'Smartphone' and my GPS watch would have been confused with my laps and the progress of the ship, and 'Garmin' (bless em') have not recognised my old GPS watch since they updated their software a couple of years ago, and apparently don't want to speak to Google Chrome for some reason...

So my precise method of calculation goes something like this:-
My average time for running five miles is 54 minutes...
A nice steady lap of deck 13 comes out at 2 minutes....
Therefore:- 27 laps at two minutes should produce a run of five miles....
However....Because overestimation of distance is not permitted in my running journal, I ran for at least one hour to make sure that five miles was covered....

Surfermom, I have completed marathons and half marathons in conditions similar to yours' ish... And any pace is a good pace...
You are an amazing runner to even contemplate running in those temperatures......RESPECT!...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

20-07-2019, 04:01 PM

Nice, OGF! Though the ovals are not our thing, I am really happy that there will be a dedicated running space on the Azamara ship I'm cruising. Your math looks good to me, and I plan to my calculations the first day so I won't have to keep an eye on my pace/distance. I am just hoping for a breeze up there!

It is finally overcast today, so a relatively cool run is in the forecast for later in the day. Surfing has to be postponed until tomorrow as this is spreadsheet/luggage/packing day, but you can bet I am getting in one last session before I go.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-07-2019, 04:36 PM

Glad to hear the temperature has abated a little bit Surfermom, make sure you pack your running kit.....It's always the first thing I put in my case.... Would your ship be the Azamara Quest? And are you flying out to meet her? Have a splendid holiday and I look forward to hearing about your adventures...

Very windy and sticky here, and the 21*C seems much warmer. The sun is shining at the moment, but the occasional heavy shower is preventing Mrs Fox from putting the washing out, it might be cooler and fresher in the morning for my next run.....

I found a very well stocked Sports shop in Cobh, Ireland and wandered in to browse.....Came out with over 200 quids worth of running shoes....
A pair of New Balance 860 V9's and another pair of Fresh foam Zante's...Just too good to walk away from..... At 69 I probably won't be needing any more.....

New Balance 860 V9

And the tried and tested New Balance Zante....

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

21-07-2019, 04:42 AM

We must be starting a trend with this blue New Balance thing, OGF....

That's a phenomenal deal - three for the price of one! I would keep saving though, you are going to be running for a long, long time.

I am all set for running, OGF ! I must admit that I am packing several running outfits, though just the one pair of shoes. The sad news is that my tradition of running as the ship gets underway (you guessed well, btw ), may not come to fruition. I was told that dozens other passengers, sometimes standing three abreast or meandering slowly the opposite direction, like to enjoy the scenery from the running deck as the ship departs . Since it hardly seems fair to monopolize the course, I'll have to postpone until the first morning. More on all that later!

Five miles this evening under a sky not altogether different in color than my shoes .

Alright, Floydy, get yourself back in here, and are you ladies going to leave me in this locker room alone?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2447.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	10319  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-07-2019, 11:22 AM

We should get a discount for bulk buying off New Balance Surfermom...
I used to present myself on the running deck at around six in the morning and only ever noticed one other proper runner. There was this other bloke with all the gear and equipped with a Smartphone.....He was still messing with it while I ran three laps and then he completed just one lap and disappeared..... Strange.....

Paul......That's the proper runner, had previously completed 25 marathons with a best time of 2:40 something....Would have liked to get to know him better, but he was too fast for me and I hardly saw him knocking about the ship through the day....Probably buggered him up going so fast...

Running after seven would have been difficult due to all the sightseers thinking how wonderful this upper deck was with all the astro turf landscaping.....Something they credited to Capability Brown.... (look him up Surfermom)

My first run back on home ground turned out to be an exciting little eight miler done early doors to avoid the heat....It was still quite warm and humid and had me struggling from mile four.....But I couldn't believe the swift time I managed as I stopped the watch. It was up there with my top three runs of this year....

Page 310 of 370 « First < 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top