Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Re: Richard Gere

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
This thread is hilarious!!
How can you expect to understand everything in the first episode, there's seven more to go!!

Pipe down Floydy this is marmite stuff!!
Wonderful!
That is true ruthio and perhaps after a few more episodes more of us would enjoy it. Sadly, I think the art of capturing our interest in the first episode has all but disappeared, both on film and in books. They do love to string everything out these days to it's inth.

As for Gere, I was never really a fan although I have seen a few films recently which changed my mind slightly but this series does nothing for him. Imo of course.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 11:40 AM

Of course

I like him in this bastard/monster/bully/control freak role, think he does it well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 11:43 AM

Of course

I like him in this bastard/monster/bully/control freak role, think he does it well.
I see him (as previously mentioned) as the fluffy kitten type and not wearing any socks.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I see him (as previously mentioned) as the fluffy kitten type and not wearing any socks.
No wonder he took this role to smash the squeaky clean image!!!

Jon Hamm did the same after Mad Men.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hands up be honest: Would anyone of you even have even tuned in if Richard Gere wasn't in it?
While I like him I tuned in because Sarah Lancashire is in it, I have not seen anything she has been in that hasn't been quality. So far I am not saying I understand it all but it's early days and I am interested enough to tune in next week and try to put it together. I am quite pleased they haven't explained it all in one episode as it might get boring over 6 episodes if there is nothing to think about.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
While I like him I tuned in because Sarah Lancashire is in it, I have not seen anything she has been in that hasn't been quality. So far I am not saying I understand it all but it's early days and I am interested enough to tune in next week and try to put it together. I am quite pleased they haven't explained it all in one episode as it might get boring over 6 episodes if there is nothing to think about.
Thank you for your polite and civil reply, Julie
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 01:54 PM

No wonder he took this role to smash the squeaky clean image!!!

Jon Hamm did the same after Mad Men.
If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend watching him in "Looking for Mr Goodbar", but it's such a disturbing film that I'd not recommend it to anyone without a warning. He is the opposite of squeaky clean in that. Also an excellent performance from Diane Keaton. Both at the start of their careers.

Love Jon Hamm.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-03-2019, 07:02 PM

I liked him in 'Shall we dance' although I think is was mainly Jennifer Lopez.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 08:07 PM

He played a baddie in Internal Affairs.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hands up be honest: Would anyone of you even have even tuned in if Richard Gere wasn't in it?
Yes , because I follow Helen McCrory in everything she's in .

RG has always had what I call "piggy eyes " and he's never been on my list of attractive male stars.

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top