Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Re: Have a Sick Dog.

Do hope she's feeling better now......they are a worry, just like children
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 09:22 PM

I know how you feel Roxy i have a cat in a similar situation, today is the first day she has kept food inside in the last week. She has undergone blood tests to see if she has any underlying problems, we shall find out tomorrow.

I do hope your Pashka is on the mend. These pets of ours are a worry at times.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 09:29 PM

Sorry to see Pashka has not been well, but pleased to see things are improving. Hope Pashka is fully recovered soon.

My friend's dog Maizey, Golden Retriever, has just been diagnosed with IBS. Any tips regarding what food is best for her etc. would be appreciated Roxy if you don't mind-thanks.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Sorry to see Pashka has not been well, but pleased to see things are improving. Hope Pashka is fully recovered soon.

My friend's dog Maizey, Golden Retriever, has just been diagnosed with IBS. Any tips regarding what food is best for her etc. would be appreciated Roxy if you don't mind-thanks.
There's a dried food out by the name of "Barking Heads" it's all compleatly nautral. I moved my dogs onto that and it's been great. There's a great selection too, I move between, Senior, easy digest, and the weight loss one. But there's plenty more to choose from. As with Humans though, IBS can be triggered by just about anything, we, and they are all different. But also like us, dogs can have much the same meds. My Vet gave me " Buscopan" for when Pash gets the Cramps.......it works pretty quick too. I keep to the easier lighter foods for pash it seems to help and doesn't lie heavy in her tum.
You can Google it for lots of info if your intersted.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 07:29 AM

Pash had another night in the kitchen with the Newspapers......much to her disgust, she almost put me on my back in her rush to get out of there this morning lol. She had another clean night and was looking for her Breakfast Bonio too. She seems to be a good bit brighter this morning (phew) so I may take her for an easy stroll if she wants to go. I'm keeping her on a very light diet for the rest of the week though.....chicken and boiled rice with a small amount of mixer meal added from tomorrow.
Thankyou for all your good wishes for her.

This is her lying on the end of the Couch, looking more than a wee bit sorry for herself.

The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 01:24 PM

Glad to hear she is better Roxy. I've been away so only catching up with posts today. Barking Heads sounds good. I feed Arden Grange which is another good food and there is a light variety there too. The main thing is not to feed rubbish like Bakers and Pedigree.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 01:29 PM

Im glad she's feeling so much better Its horrible when they're ill isn't it.. fingers crossed all will be ok now x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 02:54 PM

Glad to hear she's feeling a lot better ..... that is a lovely photo of her
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 03:22 PM

Looks like it was one of those 24 hour viruses . . they get over them quickly . . . glad to hear she's on the mend.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 04:00 PM

Pashka is absolutely gorgious like a big teddy bear .
Roxy I am pleased to hear she is a little better.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top