Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 08:13 PM

Tiger Brightly

When I see a few clouds around on a sunny day I immediately think Zoo. It's been weeks since those conditions occurred so I jumped at that opportunity. Here's one of my prime catches of the day.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Re: Tiger Brightly

That's a fantastic photo, Bob ...... so, so clear!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's a fantastic photo, Bob ...... so, so clear!
I went on a "Safari" or sorts, limiting myself to what is known as a "Nifty 50". That's an extremely sharp 50mm prime lens, in this case an F/1.4. By sticking to a fixed prime lens I force myself to move in order to fully frame the subject and to very carefully focus. This lens has no Vibration Reduction feature so I'm required to use proper breathing techniques and gently squeeze off the shot. It's good practice to go back to prime lenses to refresh good shooting habits. The rewards are good photos, exceptionally sharp and haunting.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I went on a "Safari" or sorts, limiting myself to what is known as a "Nifty 50". That's an extremely sharp 50mm prime lens, in this case an F/1.4. By sticking to a fixed prime lens I force myself to move in order to fully frame the subject and to very carefully focus. This lens has no Vibration Reduction feature so I'm required to use proper breathing techniques and gently squeeze off the shot. It's good practice to go back to prime lenses to refresh good shooting habits. The rewards are good photos, exceptionally sharp and haunting.
There's a lot more to photography and getting an excellent photo than I thought
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:04 PM

What a beautiful looking tiger......a fantastic picture......I wonder what he was thinking?
bobmielke
Portland, OR

08-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
What a beautiful looking tiger......a fantastic picture......I wonder what he was thinking?
I always capture them looking straight at me so I would guess they're thinking about lunch. LOL
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

08-09-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Probably looking Bob in the eye and thinking "he looks tasty!"
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 02:12 AM

Incredible, Bob; your photos are beautiful.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 02:27 AM

Very well done Bob.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 08:28 AM

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh - he's a lovely big pussy cat - I love Tigers!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top