Join for free
Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 12:26 PM

Re: Same Sex Pair to Appear on Strictly...

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree with you to a point Aerolor, my thread was never really about the gay side of Strictly, after all, we all know and accept that most of the dancers are either gay or luvvies anyway. But it's traditional for a man to dance with a woman in a competition. I think all this nonsense takes away from the hard work and time that all the competitors have put in. I realise, that like most of these celebrity based things, it serves the purpose of massaging the celebrities ego's and returns them into the limelight for a short time.

Why did the BBC feel the need to make a news item out of a same sex pair competing on the show? Were they looking for acceptance from the loyal supporters of the programme? Or were they just bunging in a bit of extra advertising with their sensationalism? I don't want to turn on my TV and get a lesson in homosexuality, I just want to watch some quality dancing.

Strictly has stooped as low as F1 with their 'Giving it the knee' and black lives matter theme, I couldn't care less about 'Black Lives Matter' I just want to watch some blokes race each other around the racetrack in fast cars. I don't want a lesson in the struggles of the black man through the ages, there are history channels for that. It's been so refreshing to watch the 'Tour de France' no knee, no queers or themes, just honest to goodness sport in what I consider to be, one of the hardest races in the world.
Well put mate!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well put mate!
Cheers Longdogs, you remind me of an abacus....I knew I could count on you...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 12:49 PM

Cheers Longdogs, you remind me of an abacus....I knew I could count on you...
Tee Hee!!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 03:13 PM

I bet the producers are having a good laugh Tachyon. After all; No publicity is bad publicity....
Exactly so. They know just who to prod to maximise the resulting - nay, inevitable - publicity. The less they themselves comment on the matter the more they appear to remain aloof from such distasteful matters as homophobia, but in the Boardroom they'll be backslapping themselves while chortling with glee. Knee-jerk reactions are always ones you can count on.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I could go and make some apple Puffs.

Errr, is that the right spelling LD!??
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by reg ->
And how would one know that?

There are some very bigoted opinions on this site.
Your right on the button
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
Your right on the button
One person's bigotry is another person's deep seated value.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 09:39 AM

People can't change their sexuality. This includes their innate disdain for certain things.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2020, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
One person's bigotry is another person's deep seated value.
Nah, you just want to parade your bigotry as a "value" and we all know it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:10 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rs-judges.html

A valid point. He feels it could make judging more complicated.

'If you've got two partners who can do lifts and men's bodies are different shapes, how would that work? I don't think it's a homophobic thing. You want to be able to compare like with like.'

Women are more flexible than men so allowing greater movement in the hips.

Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top