Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:45 PM

Re: Harry to become chief impact officer at US coaching firm BetterUp

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Mental Health is becoming Big Business, it maybe time to chuck a CV in.
Spit I would love to have a very long conversation with you about that. Seriously. But I don't think this is the place to do it. For me it has always been about people rather than money. It was my life for so long and yes the financial side is a heavy aspect to it...professional salaries..funding, fund raising, budgets etc. But thankfully that part of it was not my job. My job was the clinical and treatment side. IN many different settings. I would be more than willing to share that knowledge and experience with you but I have learned that people are usually either not interested in it, scared of it or contemptuous of the subject. That is understandable. So I guess you're right..it is big business. And if you can offer something..Go straight for it bro
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:54 PM

Its a broad subject Keezoy (no pun intended), not sure retrospective stuff can be corrected and, not sure an oncoming onslaught can be stopped by having a conversation, its probably something to do with a moment in time (not the song)?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its a broad subject Keezoy (no pun intended), not sure retrospective stuff can be corrected and, not sure an oncoming onslaught can be stopped by having a conversation, its probably something to do with a moment in time (not the song)?

Right you are. There's few subjects more broad. I understand what you're saying..I think. I have to say though that lots of things in people's lives can be corrected. I have seen the process of achieving that, I have been part of it and I've managed to do it with people on my own many times. But mate, that's just me. As the great Joni Mitchell says...

"We are all just particles of change orbiting around the Sun"....Can't remember the song though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 08:05 AM

Keezoy, the best thing you can probably offer folk is perspective, from then on in a person probably has to help themselves.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Spit I would love to have a very long conversation with you about that. Seriously. But I don't think this is the place to do it. For me it has always been about people rather than money. It was my life for so long and yes the financial side is a heavy aspect to it...professional salaries..funding, fund raising, budgets etc. But thankfully that part of it was not my job. My job was the clinical and treatment side. IN many different settings. I would be more than willing to share that knowledge and experience with you but I have learned that people are usually either not interested in it, scared of it or contemptuous of the subject. That is understandable. So I guess you're right..it is big business. And if you can offer something..Go straight for it bro
I am a mental health Advocate...I would have loved to have taken it further (as in training/education/career) but life took a turn and it didn't quite turn into a professional job, just voluntary.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Right you are. There's few subjects more broad. I understand what you're saying..I think. I have to say though that lots of things in people's lives can be corrected. I have seen the process of achieving that, I have been part of it and I've managed to do it with people on my own many times. But mate, that's just me. As the great Joni Mitchell says...

"We are all just particles of change orbiting around the Sun"....Can't remember the song though.
It is possible to change many things in a person's life. However, I believe it takes the person themselves to want to make that change. It's all in the mind, where everything comes from. I knew nothing of this until around 25-30 years' ago. That was when I needed to find out about mental health and 'how we ticked' to help and try to understand a close family member who was going through problems, due to what happened in their life. It's a fascinating subject and one that needs more support, and I don't mean necessarily just through charities. Mental health problems are about 25% of what the NHS deals with but it receives just 11% of the total health budget. Something's wrong somewhere!

Is this the one keezoy? If so then it's thanks to DuckDuckGo!

Hejira
by Joni Mitchell

"Well I looked at the granite markers
Those tribute to finality to eternity
And then I looked at myself here
Chicken scratching for my immortality
In the church they light the candles
And the wax rolls down like tears
There's the hope and the hopelessness
I've witnessed thirty years
We're only particles of change I know I know
Orbiting around the sun

But how can I have that point of view
When I'm always bound and tied to someone
White flags of winter chimneys
Waving truce against the moon
In the mirrors of a modern bank
From the window of a hotel room"

The complete song can be found and heard on this link:

https://jonimitchell.com/music/song.cfm?id=234
keezoy
Australia

25-03-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It is possible to change many things in a person's life. However, I believe it takes the person themselves to want to make that change. It's all in the mind, where everything comes from. I knew nothing of this until around 25-30 years' ago. That was when I needed to find out about mental health and 'how we ticked' to help and try to understand a close family member who was going through problems, due to what happened in their life. It's a fascinating subject and one that needs more support, and I don't mean necessarily just through charities. Mental health problems are about 25% of what the NHS deals with but it receives just 11% of the total health budget. Something's wrong somewhere!

Is this the one keezoy? If so then it's thanks to DuckDuckGo!

Hejira
by Joni Mitchell

"Well I looked at the granite markers
Those tribute to finality to eternity
And then I looked at myself here
Chicken scratching for my immortality
In the church they light the candles
And the wax rolls down like tears
There's the hope and the hopelessness
I've witnessed thirty years
We're only particles of change I know I know
Orbiting around the sun

But how can I have that point of view
When I'm always bound and tied to someone
White flags of winter chimneys
Waving truce against the moon
In the mirrors of a modern bank
From the window of a hotel room"

The complete song can be found and heard on this link:

https://jonimitchell.com/music/song.cfm?id=234

Bingo!..That's the one. Hejira was my favourite album of Joni's for such a long time. Although I can't fault any of them really. I saw her at the OPera House in '83. She had a full big band behind her and as you would imagine she blew everybody away.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:10 PM

Just asking?
He's got so many jobs now how does he fit them all in??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Just asking?
He's got so many jobs now how does he fit them all in??
When you're that famous, you get paid for just being you. You don't have to actually do anything.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
When you're that famous, you get paid for just being you. You don't have to actually do anything.
Very true.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top