Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Re: pink & different coloured dogs

You probably find they do, and do the dog to match!!
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Don't look like it Why don't they do it to their own hair instead.
Yep , agree, but then they would not walk around looking like fools , I think!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 10:31 PM

Never understood why people do this to their dogs-also think its cruel
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 10:35 PM

I had a neighbour once who used to put pink vegetable dye on her white standard poodle, when I asked her why, she said her daughter always wanted a pink dog!!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 01:30 AM

I was at a championship dog show 2 years ago and saw a lady painting her boxer dogs face with black shoe dye at the back of the hall so it looked better.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 08:27 AM

This is sad isn't it - dogs as fashion accessories, bit like the fad for tinies - teacup dogs.
However, if there is a proper owner/dog bond, and it's an occasional 'bit of fun' with harmless colourings etc, then it doesn't rank amongst the worst crimes against dogs, does it?
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I was at a championship dog show 2 years ago and saw a lady painting her boxer dogs face with black shoe dye at the back of the hall so it looked better.
Oooh thats a big no no with the Kennel club
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
This is sad isn't it - dogs as fashion accessories, bit like the fad for tinies - teacup dogs.
However, if there is a proper owner/dog bond, and it's an occasional 'bit of fun' with harmless colourings etc, then it doesn't rank amongst the worst crimes against dogs, does it?

I wouldn't say its cruel as such, if it's the same article as on sister doggy site the dogs all looked happy enough apart from the one they turned into a horse but it had the expression that mine have had when I put a gentle leader on them.

It's a competition and the dye (which is for the purpose) washes out with shampoo after the event.

If the dogs are well thought of and it is just a bit of fun thats preferable to the life some dogs live.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Exactly, seemingly it's quite common with boxer owners, she was outside the hall at the back, the reason I knew it was shoe dye is there a distinctive strong solvent smell off it.
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by nero

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
It may be a no no, but it goes on , and not just in Boxers, many many breeds are preened to perfection before they go in the ring.

Hairspray/ chalk/ blackening/ you name it , its used to enhance the dog!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top