Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:36 PM

Next on my whinge list - Loud exhausts.

Anyone noticed the increase in loud car and bike exhausts? It is particularly more noticeable having windows open in this heat. I have nothing against loud vehicles as such but in the right place such as on a track but not around town day and night.

There's a certain car that goes past every evening that literally sounds like a drum kit falling down stairs with all its popping and farting and whilst I can see that the driver might think he or she sounds 'cool', I can confirm that everyone else thinks they are a complete dick.

It is, apparently illegal to have an exhaust which is louder than its original fitting but I don't see many getting stopped for it.

How is it that if I get a small hole in my normal exhaust, my car fails the MOT yet these pork heads can drive around day or night keeping folk awake and generally annoying the public?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:49 PM

Re: Next on my whinge list - Loud exhausts.

LD, can you believe at 4am this morning some idiot rode around the estate on a motorbike with the loudest exhaust I've heard in years up and down the roads and I'm sure it was deliberate. Of course all bedroom windows wide open I think he woke a lot of us up . Feel sorry for his neighbours
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:52 PM

There is a prick that drives around at a ridiculous speed on an estate near me with the loudest exhaust, he rides with no helmet and I once not long ago saw him will a very small child sat in FRONT of him with no helmet.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
LD, can you believe at 4am this morning some idiot rode around the estate on a motorbike with the loudest exhaust I've heard in years up and down the roads and I'm sure it was deliberate. Of course all bedroom windows wide open I think he woke a lot of us up . Feel sorry for his neighbours
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
There is a prick that drives around at a ridiculous speed on an estate near me with the loudest exhaust, he rides with no helmet and I once not long ago saw him will a very small child sat in FRONT of him with no helmet.
There you go. Exactly what I am talking about. Unfortunately the police don't seem interested. I'm sure they do it on purpose here too, not just loud but speeding around the town and revving for no apparent reason but to show off.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:02 PM

We have a garage nearby. It must be the elation drivers/riders feel at having a full tank that makes some of them roar away at high speed no matter what the time of day.

I'm not sure if they are noisy because have modified exhausts or if it's just loud because they're accelerating away at full tilt. Maybe a bit of both sometimes.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:02 PM

Great post, Longdogs lol!

Yes mate, they're all over the shop. These 19-y.o's named Jason or Liam with their bright orange or matt black Fiestas and Corsas with no badges on, except a "No Fear" hologram on the back window. Lost his virginity last week. Girl in passenger seat called Chelsey adorned with Kappa trackies on, jet black hair, tattoos up the ying yang and a bullring in her beak.
They always get my upright central finger and I'd give 'em some fear alright if they cut me off at the lights.
Yes mate, complete and utter cocks. Agreed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-07-2018, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Great post, Longdogs lol!

Yes mate, they're all over the shop. These 19-y.o's named Jason or Liam with their bright orange or matt black Fiestas and Corsas with no badges on, except a "No Fear" hologram on the back window. Lost his virginity last week. Girl in passenger seat called Chelsey adorned with Kappa trackies on, jet black hair, tattoos up the ying yang and a bullring in her beak.
They always get my upright central finger and I'd give 'em some fear alright if they cut me off at the lights.
Yes mate, complete and utter cocks. Agreed.
Ha ha. Great description Floydy . I see they are everywhere then, not just here. Sometimes you see them out of their cars wearing their hoods up despite boiling in the heat and if the hood does come off, it reveals a tiny freshly grown pencil moustache..... and that's the girls.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-07-2018, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
We have a garage nearby. It must be the elation drivers/riders feel at having a full tank that makes some of them roar away at high speed no matter what the time of day.

I'm not sure if they are noisy because have modified exhausts or if it's just loud because they're accelerating away at full tilt. Maybe a bit of both sometimes.
I'm sure they all think they are at some track event mart. We also have a garage nearby and the noise is ridiculous sometimes. As you say, they always have to roar away at speed.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Write to the local police inspector, copy to the local press.....
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

25-07-2018, 09:50 PM

And why do they have their music on so LOUD it makes the ground shake

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top