Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 12:33 AM

Re: Food for Brexit

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Don't you worry your pretty little Aussie head over us Brits, Bruce. Most of us already usually have our cupboards well stocked every week. (By the way, usually when serving Baked Beans on Toast, most Brits are obviously not as stingy as you and make two slices of toast. The second is cut into two, corner to corner to place either side of the centre piece of toast with the beans on. Serve up your stingy helping and it could end up over your head!
I was cognisant that after Brexit you might not be able to afford or obtain two slices of bread so I cut down on our usual Aussie opulence of sausages, eggs, bacon, baked beans, lamb chop, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, toast and hash browns to suit the situation. View it as a public service announcement to help the mother country.

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was cognisant that after Brexit you might not be able to afford or obtain two slices of bread
lol fret not. This week I took delivery of my first 25kg sack of grains (organic wheat) and bagged it all up in individual vacuum sealed bags. Rye and spelt to come.

I'll be making fantastic loaves of bread for many many months thanks.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:57 AM

can man live on bread alone though?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was cognisant that after Brexit you might not be able to afford or obtain two slices of bread so I cut down on our usual Aussie opulence of sausages, eggs, bacon, baked beans, lamb chop, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, toast and hash browns to suit the situation. View it as a public service announcement to help the mother country.

Wot ??? - no Black Pudding ???

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top