Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Part 2 of the mother's letter . .

Well son, I went to the Doctor on thursday and your father went with me. The doctor put a small tube in my mouth and told me not to talk for ten minutes. Your father offered to buy it from him.
The weather isn't bad here. It only rained twice this week, first for three days and then for four days. Monday was so windy one of the chickens laid the same egg four times.
We had a letter from the undertaker. He said if the last payment on your Grandmother's plot wasn't paid in seven days, up she comes.
About that coat you wanted me to send you, your Uncle Stanley said it would be too heavy to send in the mail with the buttons on, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.
John locked his keys in the car yesterday. we were really worried because it took him two hours to get me and your father out.
Three of your friends went off the bridge in a pick-up truck. Ralph was driving. He rolled down the window and swam to safety. Your other two friends were in the back, and they drowned because they couldn't get the tailgate down.
Well son, there isn't much more news at this time. Nothing much happens.
Your loving Mum.

P.S. I was going to send you some money but I had already sealed the envelope.

I have read this so many times and it still makes me laugh.
Hope it does the same for everyone else too.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 05:16 AM

Re: Part 2 of the mother's letter . .

I've come across this before Mups but yes, it is funny.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 11:00 AM

I've got a friend who I can imagine saying things like these. Very funny
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 03:01 PM

Yes enjoyed that Hazel.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 06:29 PM

There used to be an Irish comedian who used to read letters from his Mammy, very funny.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 09:34 PM

Very good Mups

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top